What's new

When Do You Believe Apple/Mac

Gorillagordon

Reaction score
Bought a new Iphone 6 in mid November 2015 at the Telstra Shop in Cairns, Queensland, Aust - within the month the Iphone refusing to operate - replaced with a so-called new Iphone 6, which I doubt. Within 4 weeks the same problem occured - swollen battery - off to Apple/Mac - $500 to fix. Their comment was "internal liquid indicator triggered - liquid damage".

This is impossible - the Iphone lives in an airconditioned office and home - in between in an airconditioned vehicle - never been in the rain, dropped in a toilet or even in a bathroom. So after 3 months I have a worthless Iphone6.

It's possible for the liquid indicator to be triggered by the humidity from a sweaty hand using the iPhone. All it takes is one drop down the headphone jack.

This thread reminds me of my second cellphone, an Ericsson piece of garbage on the UK Vodafone network; the reason neither company will ever get a cent of business out of me or on my recommendation as long as I live.

I picked up my new phone, marvelled at the huge new (2 line) display, and took off to Morocco. The phone died after 2 days. After dropping it off at the store and waiting several weeks, I was given the "water damage" story, in spite of the phone never having come anywhere near water, unless you count the English Channel and the Strait of Gibraltar, neither of which I dropped the phone into.

I told the store to put my SIM back into my old phone and shove the new one where the sun don't shine.