What's new

whatsapp & notifications

My main issue isn't when the phone is unlocked but in my Notification Center. Like with whatsapp, sometimes 1 message will show up but the other 5 received moments later do not show up until I go into the app then they load in front of my face.

Hello, I am running iOS 11.0.3 with an iPhone 7 plus. I am having issues using WhatsApp, I am in a group with many people within my company and most of the time I do not get any notifications, I have to load up the app to see any new messages that had come through while the phone was in my pocket. The incoming message use to show up on my lock screen and notification center until I clear the notification. But now they do not even show up on my phone at all. Same thing has been happening to mail. Did apple remove push notifications all together?!?!

Have you tried to switch on the FETCH NEW DATA option?

Could be a carrier issue and not the phone. Might try a network reset under settings/general/reset/reset network settings. Hope you get it resolved.

So there was an update I installed today for whatapp that pretty much eradicates this issue, the description was; "an update that fixes a bug the prevented messages to show up as notifications in ios11"

I will have an update in a couple days to see if it has been resolved.

So there was an update I installed today for whatapp that pretty much eradicates this issue, the description was; "an update that fixes a bug the prevented messages to show up as notifications in ios11"

I will have an update in a couple days to see if it has been resolved.

Saw that one too and the first person i thought about is you