What's new

Whats the last app/game installed on your iPhone

Words With Friends 2-Word Game by Zynga Inc.
Words With Friends 2-Word Game on the App Store

IMG_7188.JPG

Hi everyone. I need a new email app that supports MIME format. I've been using Alto from AOL and it works perfectly but they are killing it soon, less than a month.

I tried Edison mail and it doesn't work. They even admit they don't know how to make it work when I've emailed with them.

The email app that comes on the 7+ doesn't work either. And repeated emails to Apple to see if it's going to be fixed have gone unanswered.

Anybody know of another email app that does?

Hi everyone. I need a new email app that supports MIME format. I've been using Alto from AOL and it works perfectly but they are killing it soon, less than a month.

I tried Edison mail and it doesn't work. They even admit they don't know how to make it work when I've emailed with them.

The email app that comes on the 7+ doesn't work either. And repeated emails to Apple to see if it's going to be fixed have gone unanswered.

Anybody know of another email app that does?

Do you mean the stock Mail app doesn't work? If so, is it toggled on in settlngs>Mail> Account? You might also try deleting the Mail app, then reinstall it.
My favorite 3rd party email app is Email. It's feature rich and can be used in iMessage.
Email - Edison Mail by Edison Software Inc.
Email - Edison Mail on the App Store

The stock mail app works, it just doesn't deal with MIME format mail. Neither does Edison Mail. I've been emailing back and forth with them about it and they have said they are aware of the issue and are working on it but it's proving tricky and they don't know when it will be fixed.

Apple has been completely unresponsive.

Alto from AOL works perfectly but is being discontinued in about two weeks December 10th

IMG_1056.PNG

That's what emails look like in either Edison email or the iOS app

I'm need an email app with MIME support. Anybody know of one other than Alto which is being discontinued in a couple weeks?

The built in mail app doesn't and neither Edison or Spark have it.

I'm need an email app with MIME support. Anybody know of one other than Alto which is being discontinued in a couple weeks?

The built in mail app doesn't and neither Edison or Spark have it.
I’ve moved your question to the thread where you posted it before. If you spread your problem all over the forums, you won’t get a helpful reply. Please keep your questions about that topic to this thread!

Thanks. I'll go through that process. I found an article on Apple that was about the same but it didn't work. At least not to read them. I'm getting down to crunch time with Alto going away. It just worked without any issues.

I’ve moved your question to the thread where you posted it before. If you spread your problem all over the forums, you won’t get a helpful reply. Please keep your questions about that topic to this thread!

Sorry JA. I couldn't find the thread and thought it didn't post.

Thanks again but unfortunately that doesn't say how to read the email. That's what I'm having trouble with. I can send emails and the recipients can read them but I can't read the replies in anything but Alto.

I've been in contact with Edison Mail and they replied they are working on it but having trouble implementing it and Spark doesn't support it but added it to the wish list after I contacted them. Apple won't even reply after repeated attempts to contact them so I'm guessing they have no ideas on how to read them either.

Surely there has to be another app other than Alto that works doesn't there?

Thanks again but unfortunately that doesn't say how to read the email. That's what I'm having trouble with. I can send emails and the recipients can read them but I can't read the replies in anything but Alto.

I've been in contact with Edison Mail and they replied they are working on it but having trouble implementing it and Spark doesn't support it but added it to the wish list after I contacted them. Apple won't even reply after repeated attempts to contact them so I'm guessing they have no ideas on how to read them either.

Surely there has to be another app other than Alto that works doesn't there?

Do you have a certificate? You might try Outlook mail. Or Google more info on S/MIME certificate installation.
Google this:
How to add an email signing certificate for messages in the iOS Mail app.

Do you have a certificate? You might try Outlook mail. Or Google more info on S/MIME certificate installation.
Google this:
How to add an email signing certificate for messages in the iOS Mail app.
Yeah I got a certificate when to try With the iOS app after reading a bunch. If Apple can't support it native like Alto though, I don't have much hope. I really just want an app that works.