What's new

What's the difference in the iphone 4 from at&t and verizon?

Bakura

Reaction score
What is the big difference? Is it better on AT&T..?

the Att iphone uses GSM (which requires a sim card). The verizon version uses CDMA (no sim) the features are basically the same. As far as service goes, whichever network works better in your area. I dont think there is any other major differences.. Good luck

Another difference is AT&T iPhones can use FaceTime over the network whereas Verizon's iPhone needs WiFi...

stuberger said:
Another difference is AT&T iPhones can use FaceTime over the network whereas Verizon's iPhone needs WiFi...

Really? My father is on AT&T and I am on Verizon, and we couldn't get FaceTime to work on 3g until we jailbroke them. I didn't try his phone myself (FaceTime over 3G ) but he said no go unless he was on wifi, same as mine on Verizon.

Really? AT&T iPhone can face time over 3G out of the box? I seriously didn't know about that. I though iPhones always needed wifi to be able to face time, unless jailbreaked ofcourse.

Att does not have facetime with 3g out of the box, has to be JB. I used to be a att customer. Lovin life on verizon

Att does not have facetime with 3g out of the box, has to be JB. I used to be a att customer. Lovin life on verizon

:) thanks for the confirmation of what I used to know about face time.

bab2010 said:

Lol... Seriously... Reading this thread and seeing that att might have supported FaceTime over 3G I felt a little swindled by Verizon but its not true... Lol...

bab2010 said:

Lol... Seriously... Reading this thread and seeing that att might have supported FaceTime over 3G I felt a little swindled by Verizon but its not true... Lol...

Yeah it not true. FaceTime is not related to carrier but to apple. You will need a wifi to faceTime, unless you jailbreak then you can faceTime on the go.