What's new

Whats eating my battery?

Supahrob

Reaction score
Heya everyone! Yeah I know there are a lot of threads regarding battery issues. But all I want to know is this: is there a way to find out what is using my battery? On my android phone I could go into a section and see what percentage of my battery everything was using (15% screen, 12% talk, etc). Is there a section or app or anything I can use to see how much battery various things are using?

Take care,
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

You can use the Battery app as well as other apps that features breakdown of your iPhone's battery :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Maybe there are some apps which do that, look up for "battery" in the app store and read through the search result.

anyone tried battery doctor pro? does these battery apps really work? increasing battery's life and blah blah blah?

This is bizarre - there are 22,719 apps that will tell you how much time you have left to watch a movie and that if you turn off blu tooth your battery will last longer... But not a single app that will tell you what apps and features have been using your battery and how much. If I could program at all I would jump on this.

My battery life seems slightly worse over the last few days. Nothing alarming, but I am curious as to what is causing it - is a rouge app or process? I have no idea as I can't seem to find a way to look into this.

It just seems odd that there isn't an "app for that" - there has to be right? Maybe I just havnt found it yet. Thats gotta be it! If anyone knows of one, please let me know :)

Take care,
Rob

@Fiend - I tried battery doctor and unfortunately, it wasn't as good and effective as I expected.

@Supahrob - Just be sure to follow all the steps to saving battery life. Like turning off location, push notifications, 3g, cellular data network, wifi, setting the phone into auto brightness as well as decreasing brightness and many more. Delete all apps in the multi-tasking part of the iPhone, too.

I sincerely appreciate the help, and the info - but with all due respect, why would I turn off all the features that make it a smart phone? The little apple on the back means jack to me, and that's about the only difference that would be left from this phone and your average flip phone if I shut all the features off. I wanted a smart phone that did all those things, so turning them off seems counter productive.

The advice to turn all the features off is given regularly, and it's given with the best of intentions. But the response is always the same. Why buy a smartphone if you have to turn off all the features? It's a logical response, it's an unassailable response. Apple should have built a battery/phone combo that works together. It's just a fact. Now like I said, my decline in battery life isn't alarming - yet, but it's getting worse. I like the phone, I really do, but it's ludicrous to even have to suggest turning off all the features just to get decent battery life.

I realize there are the Disciples of Lord Jobs that will now scream for my head since I have dared to question the perfection of an idevice. That's ok. I owned a couple of android phones and loved em - but I wasn't afraid to point out there short comings. Now I have an iPhone and I love it to death - but I ain't afraid to point out it's short comings either - and it DOES have em, in my particular case it's rapidly decreasing battery life. It's a great phone, not a perfect phone. The fact that I read "shut off this and that to get decent battery life" so often shows that the design is imperfect. They put together a great feature set, and put a battery in that couldn't reliably power said feature set. And for some reason no one even blinks. What if while driving your car you could listen to the radio OR run the a/c OR drive over 40 mph - but only one of those at the same time. I doubt you would just live with it. You would want it addressed. That's all I'm sayin. I love the phone, I have no intention of switching, unless something better comes along.

Good comments, Supahrob. We hear you loud and clear. I also have a problem with iPhone batteries, even though I'm currently happy with my battery life. My prob is that the batteries aren't easily replaceable. A person has to find "someone" who can replace a battery or go to the Apple Store, which is a bad option for many people (there aren't many Apple Stores around the corner). The arrogance of Apple with its enclosed batteries and idiotic iTunes and lack of "drag and drop" folder options is pathetic. In the meanwhile, just keep charging your battery daily and you'll be fine. And unless it's defective, your battery should last to the next upgrade time-frame.

I'm not sure of you were told of the "task kill" feature but if you press the button twice (real fast) your home screen should move up and you will see all you apps that you have been in lined up on the bottom of the screen. Place your finger on any one and hold it it until a minus sign appears in the corner of each app. Touch each minus sign and that actually closes the app. I was told tol that when we press the button it just minimizes the app it doesn't actually close it so the app is still running in the background and therefor killing your battery. I started doing this myself and I find my battery to last longer.

I attached two pics to show you what it should look like, I hope this helps you out a little.

Attachments

• $image-3463389079.jpg
    $image-3463389079.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 896
  • $image-3124073723.jpg
    $image-3124073723.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 874
Fiend said:
anyone tried battery doctor pro? does these battery apps really work? increasing battery's life and blah blah blah?

I don't believe that a software application can increase hardware(battery)'s life...

Fiend said:

I don't believe that a software application can increase hardware(battery)'s life...

Software are capable of increasing battery life. During most of the iOS upgrades release by apple, apple alway make the battery life better on the newer firmware. And if you know that iOS is a software to not say an operating system, then you know that software can make battery life better.