What's new

What would it take to switch from an iPhone?

DotVaDa

Reaction score
I understand many of us are Apple loyalist and are very comfortable with iOS, but just curious what would it take for you to switch to another brand of phone?

It just seems that we are all locked in bc of all the $$$ we have invested in iTunes and the App Store. lol

This might sound really stupid but l could not care less.
I can use my iPad for hours and l'm always learning something new, not with IOS.
But like you know sometimes you forget how to spell a word l ask Google and the bird says it to me that's great.
Things like that only supports iOS l know.
The question you asked is really hard to answer.
Tell you what make a deal with you Dot what would it take for you to give up your IOS devices.
Then l will try to think of something FAIR ENOUGH

It is a tough question that's why I asked. Lol so my answer will sound silly.

A battery that can truly last 48hrs of constant use, with 4K type quality graphics and something that would not crack the screen regardless how hard it was dropped, this mystery phone would have to do all of the above, plus allow me to utilize a memory card and be able to bring all app purchases over. And cost less than $500 for 256gb memory.

Hell I don't know all that sounds nice but I am so comfortable with the 6s phone. So really someone would have to let me test it for like 30 days to see I lf I liked it. It just seem that the price of phones are just getting so much more expensive that at some point I might be priced out. Lol

Last edited:
I 'm not sure if money or security are the reasons why people switch back to Android. I spoke with someone today he has. He had an iPad Air 1 now Samsung tablet
He says it's much easier to watch films and other stuff.
I asked about viruses protection, no problem he has a free version of some program.

I think it's more that they don't want to work with iTunes or something, but l don't really know.

I personally don't need Apple for my needs, l use at moment an iPhone 7 with STEREO speakers, they are only 4" apart what a waste of time, design and money
crazy [emoji12]

Nothing would lure me away from iPhone and IOS.

How do I know unless I try something else you might ask.....Well I did.
Years ago I bought an Android phone....
For almost a year I regretted it and couldn't wait to get back to iPhone.

I had an Android to YEARS ago, htc l think it was then I was given an iPhone 3GS so passed it on.
Been with IPhones every since.
The iPhones have got better and l have no doubt that the Android items and systems have also.
Comments on postcards please.

I phones are all that I know. I see no need to switch to a system that I don't know and that is not as stable.

Honestly don't think I'll ever get a phone that's not iPhone. I used to swap phones every year but last few years since touch screens came in there is next to nothing new phones can do now. My mum had to get new phone last month she got a new Motorola newer than my 6s but does exactly same except hers doesn't have Live Photos which is the reason I like my 6s so much. App Store has same things on so right now no point getting new phone. Also I have a memory stick to store photos and videos on for iPhone and iPad so I'll never lose any like I have over the years with swapping phones.

I just recently switched TO iPhone. To get me to switch back would take some serious impressing, and fixing of vulnerabilities.

I just recently switched TO iPhone. To get me to switch back would take some serious impressing, and fixing of vulnerabilities.

I've never had an Android or anything other Phone, other than an I Phone. What are these "vulnerabilities" that you speak of?

Thanks