What's new

What to do if you have to leave your phone in the car?

I find it difficult to believe that people don't understand that there are places where there is secure information and they DO NOT ALLOW any electronic items. I know a few people who work for DOD related things and they either can't have a cell phone at all, or can only have one that does not have a camera.

I find it difficult to believe that people don't understand that there are places where there is secure information and they DO NOT ALLOW any electronic items. I know a few people who work for DOD related things and they either can't have a cell phone at all, or can only have one that does not have a camera.
This. I could easily transmit classified information with my iPhone.

Agree the trunk, if necessary, is the way to go. Kind of sucks, but one can put up with a lot for 90K.

I have seen small 12 volt coolers for cars. Diabetics use them for insulin.

She can leave it safely in the trunk without any ice or other special precautions.

The car heats up because of the greenhouse effect, which doesn't exist in the trunk since it's closed and has no windows (assuming it's not a station wagon).

To those suggesting she "sneak" it in via her purse........ You do realize that getting caught doing so in this case would be a "go to prison" type of offense, right? Not a simple matter of a verbal warning or something like that.

I think Apple should consider building a camera-less model of the iPhone for just this reason. Restrictions like this are apparently more widespread than people think judging by the replies in this thread.

Uh, just leave it in the car and turned off!! Then it won't get "hot" and it can get turned back on after work. I'm sorry, but I may have missed a lot of this conversation, or the original poster's true question~!! Is there really a problem here???

OK, I've read through the previous postings again and found much stupidity! Answer: because of necessity, leave the phone in the car, hidden, and turned off. It won't overheat if turned off. Then turn back on after work! Was that so hard? What am I missing????

Last edited:
Hey there! Be kind as this is my first post! :) This is just an idea that the 4x4 fans do. I know that in the trunk of vehicles the temperature can still go high enough to melt and distort plastic as the profession I work in (Law Enforcement) have had issues with plastic magazines distorting with them being fully loaded. My suggestion is to get a lock box secured into the engine compartment via the fender or firewall. This is done in the 4x4 community for securing valuables and tools so why not your IPhone? Think of it, you pop your hood, unlock your lock box, stow your phone and shut your hood. It is secure because you have to gain acces to the cabin to pop the latch and have the key to the box! Best part is, if you forget your phone it is still safe unlike if you just put it on top of the engine... And drive off. The engine compartment is not a sealed compartment unlike your trunk so that the temperature won't get the chance to climb that high. Sure the engine temperature will be warm/hot but it is on the way down in temperature. Google canadian tire vehicle security safe and you can see what I am talking about... Can't attach any images yet because I am too new...

maybe i should read 3 pages or comments but ill skip that and suggest leave it at home if your cant bring it to work, or am i missing something