What's new

What Problems Has Jailbreaking Caused Your IPhone

if nothing has changed and suddenly your battery is dying much faster perhaps its the battery?

Is anybody else confused by posts by OneMarcil? - where he seems to be playing both sides of the fence - eg agreeing with a post that says jailbreaking is fine, then stating in the very same post that "jailbreak means break" and things like that

Perhaps somthing has been lost in translation? Im assuming english isnt his native language or perhaps I just need more coffee hahaha

prawns said:
if nothing has changed and suddenly your battery is dying much faster perhaps its the battery?

Is anybody else confused by posts by OneMarcil? - where he seems to be playing both sides of the fence - eg agreeing with a post that says jailbreaking is fine, then stating in the very same post that "jailbreak means break" and things like that

Perhaps somthing has been lost in translation? Im assuming english isnt his native language or perhaps I just need more coffee hahaha

Why does one consider everyone to be make on here? Some if us are women.

Yes is peeps would leave there devices alone and not jailbreak there would be far less problems with these devices.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

sorry no offence intended - but Im not going to start writing things like "he/she" in my posts to cover every contingency or option that my writing may bring up. I will be sure just to write "she" if I refer to you in the future though lols ( now that I know which you are - cause im not psycic lol - but no offence was intended either)

Your "not jailbreak there would be far less problems with these devices." statement isnt true - Infact I have had less issues with mine (jailbroken) than my wife has with hers (not jailbroken) and we both have the exact same kind of phone

Hers has played up for days at a time in some cases and been completely unuseable - mine has yet to play up except for a self inflicted mistake which was fixed in minutes and not days. I also get about 4hours more time out of my battery on my jailbroken iphone4 VS her standard iphone4,

Her unjailbroken phone = less features, breaks down when mine doesnt (for days at a time when it happened),worse battery life and a phone she cant do half the things on that I do, and its harder to use as well.

Thats been my experience with a unjailbroken iphone4 vs a jailbroken iphone4 anyway - The polar opposite to your advice lols

Wow! What an attitude! People are allowed to have different opinions on this forum. It does not make them wrong. It's just an opinion. It's what makes this forum great. Seeing issues from different angles allows a person make an informed decision.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited by a moderator:
How to jailbreak my iPhone 4, which version 5.0.1 baseband 4.11.08. It's a factory unlock.
Please guide me.

Khokon

A quick search on google would probably get you faster results.

As for this thread, I am jailbroken and have been for a week or two and everything is running smoothly. I think my battery life has gone down some though but not sure.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

That post is one of the most empty posts I have ever read. You tried way too hard to sound intelligent.

If i'm looking to jailbreak my phone to play some emulator/rom type games or customize like you all have.. which GB would be best? Is 16 big enough or 32 the ideal.

After jail breaking and installing few tweaks and apps on my iPhone 4S, i'm now unable to activate both the music control and the camera app on the lock screen by double clicking. Couldn't find out what can be causing that so.

My springboard calendar does not update daily(says 7 on springboard when it's the 8th unless I reboot), springboard crashes when I update app store apps and when I rearrange icons.

sorry no offence intended - but Im not going to start writing things like "he/she" in my posts to cover every contingency or option that my writing may bring up. I will be sure just to write "she" if I refer to you in the future though lols ( now that I know which you are - cause im not psycic lol - but no offence was intended either)

Your "not jailbreak there would be far less problems with these devices." statement isnt true - Infact I have had less issues with mine (jailbroken) than my wife has with hers (not jailbroken) and we both have the exact same kind of phone

Hers has played up for days at a time in some cases and been completely unuseable - mine has yet to play up except for a self inflicted mistake which was fixed in minutes and not days. I also get about 4hours more time out of my battery on my jailbroken iphone4 VS her standard iphone4,

Her unjailbroken phone = less features, breaks down when mine doesnt (for days at a time when it happened),worse battery life and a phone she cant do half the things on that I do, and its harder to use as well.

Thats been my experience with a unjailbroken iphone4 vs a jailbroken iphone4 anyway - The polar opposite to your advice lols

I would think your wife has an iPhone thst needs service from Apple. My un-jailbroken iPhone runs flawlessly. My un-jailbroken 3GS runs flawlessly. My 2 jailbroken 3G's run flawlessly.

She probably needs it replaced not jailbroken.

It was all sorted after a restore :) cheers for the advice though will keep it inmind

Jailbroke after a few months of having my ip4 and still to this day think its the best thing about my iphone. Having a phone work and set up for me exactly the way i want it with just a few tweaks is perfect for me. Apple make such great devices why not make the most of them and use them to there full potential?
Havnt had any issues with mine thus far and battery life is great. For anybody who believes jailbreaking means to "break you iphone" could probably do with abit of google research/youtubing to find out the exact facts of the term jailbreak.. Who knows maybe it will change your opinion a little. Wether run stock or jailbroke the iphone is a great piece of kit for anybody to enjoy however they like. Its all down to preference and opinion.

Mickey330 said:
Things like CallBar (use your phone from the status bar - without interrupting anything), SBSettings (quick access to some Settings actions such as Bluetooth, WiFi, etc), biteSMS (SMS/MMS messaging on steroids!), DeleteAll (one-click clean of e-mail Trash), Activator (do everything with gestures; never use your home button again), iKeywi (have a programmable 5th row on keyboard), Overboard (see all your pages at a glance - go to them on the second glance), Move2Unlock (gesture-based phone unlock), PhotoAlbums+ (actually MOVE photos to another album in the Photo app, not just link them), Springtomize2 (many reasons) and Zephyr (an iPhone with iPad-like multigestures).

There's a whole bunch of tweaks, these are just the ones I have and find useful. I won't even get into the theming aspect of it. Have a browse through [the whole] Jailbreaking section of this forum and you'll see a whole bunch of folk are enjoying a whole bunch of "stuff" with jail breaking.

And, to bring this back on topic, I have all that I mentioned above, plus others, plus some themes and my iPhone is running fine; it's not bogging down, not crashing, i get great signal, apps don't crash and, as far as I can tell, there's no battery issues.

Again, zero issues with the jail breaking, whether it was with the tool TO jail break or running of a jail broken phone. If a person sticks with the more tried and true tweaks from Cydia and stays away from the dodgy stuff - the phone is fine. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Hey is there ANY possible way you can reply or email me or even call to tell me exactly how you jailbroke it w/Cydia? I'm pretty savvy and catch on quick, know alot bout pcs so don't feel it'll b hard to tell me. Thank u so much! I just loved your. Post and like how you think.

Lesia- Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Deiota said:
I'm using most of the tweaks that you referred above. Bitesms is a great Addon to iPhone in my opinion. I also tried inteliscreenx and lockinfo but didn't like it much ( I think it's not much benefits in my opinion).
What I realized with practice is that we have to be careful to choose the tweaks/apps to install in Cydia because some of the offers are not compatibly with our iOS or with one app/tweak already installed.
Had a problem with bigify that made me have a lot of headache untill I discover what was the problem.
What I noticed too was that sometimes some apps where always crashing. Safari, YouTube, mail and tapatalk are some examples. Some of them where solved with a reboot, others was more complicated.
When I get my iPhone with too much problems, I just clean it up and update everything and start from scratch.
I think jailbreaking and installing and testing and "playing around" with an iPhone is for someone that likes to "play around" and not only use just the iPhone as a normal user.
Jailbreak is a risky funny way to make our iPhone with much better performance and productivity. But it may go wrong for some point and.... **** happens :) we just have to have our backups done daily!

 Sent from my White 32 Gb iPhone 4 using TapaTalk 

What kind of backups? Upgrades thru iTunes or Cydia backups or etc? Just need to know bc I'm going to jailbreak it and need to learn alot of stuff.

Lesia- Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net