Votes: 24 8.2%
  • Samsung

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Other - Smart Phone

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Other - Non-Smart Phone

Votes: 35 11.9%

• Total voters
im coming kinda from the droid. lol. i had it from feb thru july and then i upgraded to att samsung captivate took it back waited (using a pos pantech matrix). got the bb torch didnt like it so i got my first iphone! which is the iphone 4 :)

I kinda to came from adnroid phone. I had a 3g for a while and decided to give droid a try, got myself an HTC aria, which is an ok phone but I am so use to iphone software and ease of use so I sold it and got myself an iphone 3gs, then I sold that and got myself an iphone 4 :))

Im going to list off the last 4 phones ive owned from oldest to newest....

Motorola Krzr => Blackberry Curve 8330 => LG Rumor 2 => iPhone 4 32GB

Krzr is garbage, it died in less then 4 months
BB Curve was pretty decent, but had major issues after 11months
Rumor 2 Awesome phone, love it, great for txt'ing and keeping this as a backup
iPhone 4 is the best phone ive owned so far, but its only been a week LOL

yeah motorola was not very good. i remember my first phone could not even send text messages was a green small thing with an antenna no nokia phones where out then, then from there got the nokias from snake 1 to the n97 then a sony ericsson and then the iphone endless amounts of phones when 80 pounds was expensive for a phone and the battery would last a week unless playing snake non stop. at least 30 phones

Iphone 3g!! Installed 4.0 firmware and jailbroke with redsn0w which also included multitasking. My phone became soo slow & cldnt cope with multitasking so I had enough and got my iphone 4 16GB. Ive had nokias in the past and used to love them. Now im faithful to apple and would never change to anything else!! Till death do us apart!!

Iphone 3g!! Installed 4.0 firmware and jailbroke with redsn0w which also included multitasking. My phone became soo slow & cldnt cope with multitasking so I had enough and got my iphone 4 16GB. Ive had nokias in the past and used to love them. Now im faithful to apple and would never change to anything else!! Till death do us apart!!

ditto..

but it was not the multi tasking that slowed down the iphone 3g, it was just as slow with out jb and on 4.0 firmware that apple did not want to add to the 3g

I had the evo but what really sold me on iphone was itunes.

Upgrading to an iPhone 4 from my old Samsung i8910 Omnia HD and couldnt be more excited about it :).

Love the difference with support, updates and availability of programs etc for the iPhone 4. Because samsung is the probably the worst ever with updating firmware/software etc.

I am not upgrading from anything worth mentioning like all you phone lovers out there, sheez, gotta love 'em, but I am seriously considering adding the Iphone4 to my life as I am computer savvy, I love electronic gadgetry but I hate gimmicky tricks to try and suck one into buying more more stuff they might not need so I am being very careful and learning what I can before deciding.
I am wondering if the GPS capability of this thing are as good as say a regular top of the line Garmin and are the Apps a one time buy that supercede anything my Garmin could do_Or are there monthly fees for everything?
Something I would like, as I am sure everyone would, is the opportunity to play around with one for a day. Now wouldn't that be nice.Because I cannot, I am dubious about it all.
And the biggest issue of all. My wife and myself have 2 phones on a plan with ATT. Have had for several years now. We pay 100 a month for both phones. If I added an Iphone4 to that plan, without surfing the net , just as a phone and making good use of the GPS apps, (I like the idea of Navionics and some of the other cool software available that is compatible and bundleable into one unit),what is that monthly bill likely to look like? I don't shop online with my phone.I use my computer at home to do all my online stuff.
Anyway. .I hope someone can understand my angle of attack and offer some sound advice. Of course I understand that I may have to divulge more detail to get an anywhere near accurate answer but just a ballpark shot from someone with similar exp could do just fine.
Thanks for reading people.Am I in an appropriate thread here, Sorry newb.
See ya.

me I had an Sony Erikson Xperia I...great phone, and used very often to change the Roms, but, I heard so many goods things about Iphone, I just jumped and bought the G4, 4.1 version8B117...

I am lost a littel because, we can't see anymore the Inside of the machine like in Windows, We have to make news folders I am running W7, and with pictures for examples, this is not straightforward, to just upload a fews or one pictures.....
Also, I di not find yet, how to quickly from say my last pages say the seventh and jump to the first one, only by going thru all the pages...

Need to learn...

I do like the quality of the phone itself, and the very clear screen, and I am so used tho a stylux espescially to draw, I found my finger too big when drawing and do not see thru it....( funny))))

thanks and I hope to find goods advises on the forum

it seems most people who have the new iPhone have had an older version of the iPhone before, but there seem to be more people who switched brands from other smart phones. I used to have a Nokia smart Phone before getting my iPhone 4.

it seems most people who have the new iPhone have had an older version of the iPhone before, but there seem to be more people who switched brands from other smart phones. I used to have a Nokia smart Phone before getting my iPhone 4.

nokias used to be the best, and they still have some nice features that i wish iphone would have but they dont compare any more..

take the n97 for example, not all countries get firmware updates at the same time, based on carrier country COLOUR of the phone. how stupid is that, people have to hack their phone to get an update?!?!

also LANGUAGES for most english only speakers it makes no difference but depending on where you by the nokia it has different languages in the phone settings and your un able to add them officially. you can change the phones code to another country to get the language but then the hardware keyboard keys change place, like where the # key is it moved completely to some where else...

backlight you cant leave it on all the time it has to time out 60 seconds, they say for battery but why cant i leave it on always like on the iphone?

but then the nokia has bluetooth send/receive also i am allowed to install any app i want with out hacking it i can change sms tone and ringtone to any mp3 in my list just options use as rintone/sms tone...

probably things that some dont care about...

what nokias did you have?

i came from the 3G to the iP4 and to be honest i'm speechless

now, hopefully comex can bring us the untethered JB and life will be good!

Last edited:
i came from the 3G to the iP4 and to be honest i'm speechless

now, hopefully comex can bring us the untethered JB and life will be good!

musclenerd has achieved this so t wont be long for public release