What's new

What network (UK) to get iphone 4s on?

DeJong

Reaction score
Hey guys,

new to the forum. never had a iphone before, but been saving up for the new one for a while. i wanted to avoid getting tied to a 24 month contract so i have decided to buy the phone straight from apple. i plan to then get a sim only contract (micro sim) either on a month by month or 12 month contract. was wondering if anyone has any advice on which network to look for? as i have bought the phone on payg, and will not be tied to a long contract, cost is not so much of an issue. i want to use a network that will give me the best coverage in terms of both calls/ messages and connectivity. i currently have a nokia 5800, which i used to have on an o2 sim, when the internet was fairly quick. however, switched to Tesco, who claimed to use o2 signal towers, but my 3g connectivity has been very poor on that network. so after spending alot of money on the iphone, im keen to avoid using a network provider with poor connectivity / signal reception. i'd be grateful if anyone has any suggestions as to which networks may be best?

Try Giff gaff they have various price goody bags , for example for £10 you can get 250 mins a month unlimited texts and unlimited Internet , they use the 02 network , just go to giffgaff.com and take a look , think they are the cheapest

Sorry forgot to mention that the 3G has seemed good on Giff gaff but I think it depends on where you live for the speed and quality of any network.would be best maybe to ask some people is your area what networks they are on and what speeds they are getting.i'm with 3 and found it to be fast and getting good signals were I live

Mine just arrived on tesco on a one year contract, good deal check it out!

Hey guys,

new to the forum. never had a iphone before, but been saving up for the new one for a while. i wanted to avoid getting tied to a 24 month contract so i have decided to buy the phone straight from apple. i plan to then get a sim only contract (micro sim) either on a month by month or 12 month contract. was wondering if anyone has any advice on which network to look for? as i have bought the phone on payg, and will not be tied to a long contract, cost is not so much of an issue. i want to use a network that will give me the best coverage in terms of both calls/ messages and connectivity. i currently have a nokia 5800, which i used to have on an o2 sim, when the internet was fairly quick. however, switched to Tesco, who claimed to use o2 signal towers, but my 3g connectivity has been very poor on that network. so after spending alot of money on the iphone, im keen to avoid using a network provider with poor connectivity / signal reception. i'd be grateful if anyone has any suggestions as to which networks may be best?

First and forth most nice name. (city fan)
Why do you not plan on being tied to a 24 month contract? You'll get an iPhone and never look back. 24 months will fly by with one of these babies! I'm on three with 2000 mins 5000 texts (don't need all them now thanks to iMessage) and truly unlimited data. ( I used 7.5gb last month) all for £35 pm I'm never off it. In 20 months time I'll be screaming noooooooo cos my contract will be coming to an end. Prior to this I use to have sony Ericsson phones and they were a long 18 months! Hated every minute. But now the iPhones come along who cares about times!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I use o2.. I think they are very good but as mentioned in earlier posts giff gaff do use the o2 network and charge less, they are able to do this because they have no call centers and are internet based company that allows you to top up with o2 vouchers and do not offer contract deals.. they are a new company so for now they have very good deals like that £10 for unlimited 3g, texts..etc every user on there who gets people to sign up on their referral gets £5 as well as the person who signs up so atm they are desperate for customers and its still not clear that if the company grows very large if they will still be able to offer these deals like they do atm..

Vodafone has good coverage but is very expensive, Tesco also uses the o2 network but is not as cheap as giffgaff. with o2 phones you also get free wifi in the many hotspots that there are so it takes away the need for a 3G connection where you get limited on what you can do