What's new

what is the first app that you installed to your iPhone?

The first app i installed was Flipboard,one of THE best free apps out there.

Ubersocial and on Cydia I downloaded gridlock.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I can't remember lol.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

Fahrenheit, A weather app (with temp badge on icon)

I think Facebook or google voice. Not sure anymore as I have had iPhone 4 since 2011 LMAO.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

Facebook had to be the first app I installed on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evernote
Not everyone is going to think of Evernote as the first app to install. I use it for three things on every smartphone. One is to jot down article ideas. I also snap photos of receipts for expenses. (A new feature called Post-It Notes captures a square shot and converts the note to text.) I also use Evernote to record audio memos to myself.

Google Search
That's right, my next important iPhone app is one from Google. It's the bread-and-butter search app but also integrates Google Now. There are cards that show you things like flight info, and I love the way the search is so contextual. (Ask "Who is Barack Obama?," get the answer, then ask "How old is he?" and Google Now will know who you mean.)

AroundMe
I've been relying on this app more as I've been traveling lately. What I like most is the interface. You can find places around you like gas stations and hotels. There's one quick list of categories and the app uses location services to find points of interest. And if you've ever been in the situation of scrambling to find a place to stay at 2 a.m. after a flight cancellation, you'll appreciate the no-fuss approach. When you drill into the info, there's a summary, links, and photos to help.

Sprout Social
I've mentioned Sprout Social a few times before. As you can guess, this social media manager is the one I use to create a post that I then send to multiple services (and multiple accounts on those services). I can also quickly scan through tweets, mentions, and direct messages.