What's new

What is jailbreaking?

If you obtain an unlocking service for any CDMA carriers, the device will only be usable outside of US soil. If you buy an interposer such as the R-SIM, you'll be able to use it on any carrier, domestic or international.

I thought there was a software issue between the sprint and Verizon that you won't be able to access Verizon's data?

By standard means yes. The Sprint iPhone 5 and the Verizon 5 are the same model, which is the iPhone5,2. But software is software and hardware is hardware. An interposer unlock does not have a dependency on software, but software have dependencies on hardware. Carrier unlocks cannot cross bounds between Sprint and Verizon because of software means.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

So that means I CAN use the sprint iPhone 5 on verizon IF I buy the interposer? Where do I get one?

Yes. Online (unless you live in Eastern Asia or SEA). As long as the price is under $20 in/excluding shipping, it's a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

I am so scared to mess anything up. So I will probably not have the balls to jailbreak :p

I am so scared to mess anything up. So I will probably not have the balls to jailbreak :p

If you follow the instructions to the T, you won't have any issues, and that's with manual jailbreaks that require IPSWs and not userland ones. The more recent jailbreaks are all userland, so it's a one-click-one-tap, and the only way to mess that up would be to suddenly unplug your device during the process.

Thanks for the good info..loud n clear..happy jailbreaking..