What's new

What is going on here...

SamKallusky

Reaction score
I am seriously concerned with how Apple has been running their services lately. Does no one else notice how they take advantage of their customers even though they're a huge multi billion dollar company....?! Like what's with iCloud not supporting backup when I only have 500+ photos and barely any apps on my phone.... My daughter uses my old 4S for games and pictures. This older 4S has 1500+ photos and videos and at least 4X as many apps running on it, and it is 100% backed up on iCloud! They want to cut it down so we have to BUY more STORAGE?! What a scam! I lost 3+ months of pictures of my family and friends because my phone was kicked into a pool and wasn't able to be backed up for lack of storage since November. Pictures are the most valuable of possessions and who doesn't use their iPhone as their primary camera... Like really. Then when I go to get a new phone they inform me they don't offer the 6 in gold anymore because they want everyone to buy the new model so it comes in gold now instead. Extreme lack of care for customers. I want something changed about the storage on iCloud NOW, enough of this ridiculous message that iPhone cannot be backed up due to lack of iCloud storage. We put everything on these damn phones, have a little care.

Have you ever thought of backing up those important photos and videos through iTunes on your computer? That way you'd have them right there and not be subject to any iCloud storage limits.

Have you ever thought of backing up those important photos and videos through iTunes on your computer? That way you'd have them right there and not be subject to any iCloud storage limits.

Yes, I admit I could have and should have done that the first time I started to get the "iPhone not backed up" message. However, it's not the point. The point is that because of their limitations and requests to buy more storage, customers have to take these extra steps to protect their data. Apple shouldn't be taking things away from their customers, but instead supplying them with beneficial upgrades, seeing as how we are dedicated to supplying them with our business.

You don't have to pay for storage, I have my important photos stored in free online storage, There is plenty out there for those who take the trouble to look.

You don't have to pay for storage, I have my important photos stored in free online storage, There is plenty out there for those who take the trouble to look.

So then you agree that Apple no longer provides sufficient services to customers, we have to go elsewhere to provide our own data storage now.

No I don't agree, I just don't see the point in paying for something that I can get free.

Free no thanks to Apple who we pay a lot to have not so much. I feel like the point is being missed here. Why would they change their storage capabilities, because they believe convenience shouldn't come so easy.
That's the point, not that I personally lost photos and what I could have done to avoid it... But that Apple is taking away from their customers and trying to make them pay extra for what they used to already get.

So then you agree that Apple no longer provides sufficient services to customers, we have to go elsewhere to provide our own data storage now.
The term "no longer" isn't quite correct, if you refer to photos and videos. iCloud has never been used to store images, just to sync them. Also, the free 5 GB online storage for backups, documents and data is the same since at least 5 years ago.

The term "no longer" isn't quite correct, if you refer to photos and videos. iCloud has never been used to store images, just to sync them. Also, the free 5 GB online storage for backups, documents and data is the same since at least 5 years ago.

So why then, would it be possible to restore a brand new iPhone to older version iCloud backup containing over 1500 photos and an abundance of apps, but then a newer backup would only hold a little over 500 photos and much less apps. The capacity is clearly much smaller than it used to be.

I think that is because Apple may be adding the storage on both iPhonee together. Or are both iPhone's backing up to different Apple IDs?

I think that is because Apple may be adding the storage on both iPhonee together. Or are both iPhone's backing up to different Apple IDs?

The data is saved separately and each backup contains different data content. When I restored each backup separately it downloaded completely different sets of data which did not overlap, so that makes me assume that they aren't all saved together.