What's new

What do you think of the iPhone 5S?

Agree, fully. 5s is a turd. At this stage of the game, apple needs to do more than a few new features/apps, improved processor speed, and 3 new body colors. I still feel like my iPhone is the most user friendly & reliable device out there. But it's quickly losing ground, in the realm of exciting design. Four thumbs DOWN on their new devices. I hope the stock continues to tank. They need a slap in the face.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Instead on the 5c, they should have had the 5s and 5 (whatever).... Being a bigger screen. Then they would please those who love the present screen size, and those who want a larger screen. I think they will loose a few customers. I like my 4s, but I want a bigger screen. I may upgrade, but if the ios7 works well on my present phone, I may just wait and see if they decide to listen to their customers and give us a larger screen!

Agree with the above, creating two phones running side by side but with different screen sizes would be a very good idea. I have decided to go for the Sony Z1 due to the bigger screen size and the better processor and the musicality side of things oh and the fact i can use SD cards for my large (uncompressed) music collection. It just makes more sense for me. Also with 4g coming on board i feel that a bigger screen size will be better for the larger amount of internet usage i will be using, i can now watch some of the demand 5, bbci player etc which on an Iphone's screen would just not be much fun.

I usually get banned for my comments so ill try my best to be nice. Most people are saying what I'm thinking anyway. The iPhone 5s isn't really a change. The gold one looks nice but ultimately its the same phone with a fingerprint scanner. Such a shame. I was hoping for a larger phone. Sure it has a faster processor and what not. But for what? The ohone itself doesnt do loads. Games look better but it needs a large screen for people to appreciate them.

I agree. The only complaint I have that still is not fixed is the size of the screen. I have a difficult time typing on my 4s and was hoping a larger screen was in the making.

Offering just 16gb of data for 200 bucks, and 32gb of data for 300, is not a good recipe at this point. It is more like a slap in the face. And yeah, I agree with others.. The screen is too small. I like my wife's galaxy S3 more than I like my iPhone 5. The camera on the 5s looks to be a big improvement, but it does not justify another 2 years being locked into their proprietary nonsense, we can do no wrong mentality. I am on my 4th lightning cable in 5 months, the first 3 being dead. This amounts to one un-happy user...

Last edited:
I think the 5S meets my expectations of the next iphone. It is a phone and I intend to use it as such and am glad that it is not any bigger. I need it to fit comfortably in my shirt pocket. I have an iPad that meets my needs when I need a bigger screen and if I need bigger screen than that, I will use my desktop. I started with the 3GS then the 4S and I will order the 5S.

I agree. I too have been an Apple junkie FOREVER and will continue in the trance. I'm loving pretty much everything iOS 7 and iPhone 5S have to offer. And you're right; it needs to fit discreetly in our pockets. The only sour taste is not being able to pre-order the 5S. Now I have to take off work and stand in line. Geez, it's too hot in Florida for lines :-(

Apple media isnt just for apple products. In fact you can add your media to any smart phone currently on the market. Google isn't a bad company IMHO. I think they are data mining android users. Isn't that the point to offer a free OS? Windows phones are terrible I had one for a week and hated it. Apps are limited and I enjoy iOS with jailbreak or Android. I don't mind the size of Apple iPhones. I'm digging the touch button on the iPhone 5s idk about finger print scanners. I like good ole fashion pin lock and PW for app purchase's. Maybe I'll like it after I try it. The 5 was plenty fast so I imagine this will be a beast. I'm getting the 32 GB and will mostly be full of games. I have a 64 GB micro for my s4. Plus 16gb internal that is slap full. I'm loving the new iOS 7. Its almost everything I used to jailbreak for. A few tweaks and I'll be happy. SB settings may get retired.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Nothing to see here. Like so many, I desperately want to love the iPhone 5s. My contract is up the end of the month and I can tell you that iPhone refusing to make a larger phone has cost them a ton of market share. Our iPhones look like toys now.

Google is the worst company in the world and I will not own an Android no matter how much I like the larger devices. But, I am going to try a Windows phone.

Hey Apple - make more than one model phone. If not, you will continue to watch your market share fall. So sad.

You seem to be really frustrated with Google for some reason to be true to you Google does not control how the Android OS looks the final version is largely edited by the mobile developers, so you might be annoyed with HTC, Samsung or some other company and you are yelling at Google for providing affordable smartphones for a good price, Google is 1000 times better than the annoying Apple devices.

You seem to be really frustrated with Google for some reason to be true to you Google does not control how the Android OS looks the final version is largely edited by the mobile developers, so you might be annoyed with HTC, Samsung or some other company and you are yelling at Google for providing affordable smartphones for a good price, Google is 1000 times better than the annoying Apple devices.
Why would you say "annoying Apple devices"? I'm curious about that.

I gave up my 5 and 4s six months ago after using a Samsung Galaxy Note2. I simply stopped using the iPhones. I now also added the Galaxy S4. I will agree that the build of the Samsung when compared to an iPhone is quite a joke, but I absolutely enjoy using them. I got used to the screen size very quickly. I was waiting to see what Apple would do...... not surprised. I still own an iPad Mini (love it) Macbook Air and iMac, just got sick of the iPhone. If they would do a good update to the size and open source along with the other amazing stuff they already do, I would get an iPhone again.

Expected more.. I'm truly disappointed..they are long way behind Samsung... I expected bigger screen,nfc,better cammera ( 12 mpx or above) better IOS...

Sent from iphone 5

Last edited:
I'm really happy with my iPhone 5s. I have tried other cellphones and have always gone back to the iPhone. They just seem to have very little problems and are very user friendly. I love the way my iPad, MacBook, and phone work together. But everyone is different :) I would be excited to see a bigger screen but I have the iPad mini for when I need to see something bigger :) I'm amazed by the progress since the first iPhone And can barely remember what it was like looking for a pay phone!

Sent from my iPhone 5s 32gb Verizon

Runrgirl4,

Every Android phone I've ever owned had the ghost screen problem where the screen would seem to get a mind of its own, as if someone was controlling my phone. Certain menus would be opened and people texted and called people on its own. I have NEVER experienced this with Apple. Has your situation been the same with the ghost screen of Android, and do you also notice no ghost screen with iphone?

I remember some one here saying apple would have forgotten the wifi signal issue where it does not reach far, but the 5S supports 5GHz frequencies now making it much better then the 4S or 5