What's new

What do you think of the iPhone 5S?

i was hoping for a camera increase to 13 megapixels and perhaps a quad core instead of only a dual.i also wanted them to increase ppi from 326 to closer to 400

I currently have a 3gs and was just waiting to see what the 5s had to offer before i decided what to do.... i think i may leave it. I have also been looking at the new Sony Xperia Z1, i find that 64gb HDD to short on capacity ! I rip my music in an uncompressed format (Apple Lossless) so it uses a great deal of space. The SD card solution suits me just fine. I did honestly expect a fast processor.... i just can not keep waiting for Apple to catch up with the others. I see them losing more market share with this.

I was very disappointed. Sure, the camera is better and the fingerprint security seems cool, BUT IT'S THE SAME PHONE I ALREADY HAVE. Oh and the 5c is something my 9 year would like, just saying.
Ignorance can't be cured... it's the "same phone" - it is NOT! The inner of the phone, that is what is important!! That changed a lot! Would you rather prefer a change on the "looks" and inside it can stay the same? Seems to me that is what a lot of people think. And the 5c is just a replacement of the 5. Just cheaper! But the rest of the phone is all the way a 5! I'm happy. Very happy. The performance of the phone is a LOT more important than to brag about it looking different..... In my family we are using 4s, 5, GS4 and Black Berry - and 5 is WAY better and easier....... It amazes me that people want the phone to "look" different - they don't even care or know what's going on inside the phone and how it is used. Like "check my phone... looks nice hey!!" lol....

Last edited:
Ignorance can't be cured... it's the "same phone" - it is NOT! The inner of the phone, that is what is important!! That changed a lot! Would you rather prefer a change on the "looks" and inside it can stay the same? Seems to me that is what a lot of people think. And the 5c is just a replacement of the 5. Just cheaper! But the rest of the phone is all the way a 5! I'm happy. Very happy. The performance of the phone is a LOT more important than to brag about it looking different..... In my family we are using 4s, 5, GS4 and Black Berry - and 5 is WAY better and easier....... It amazes me that people want the phone to "look" different - they don't even care or know what's going on inside the phone and how it is used. Like "check my phone... looks nice hey!!" lol....

In my opinion apple is banking on ignorance because typically the iPhone 5 would have went down in price as soon as the 5s came out so really you're not getting a deal buying the 5c, just some crazy colors on the back and no option of black or white on the front.
I went from the iPhone 4 to the 4s- I hardly noticed any change except for Siri, which I hardly used. I noticed a huge change going to the 5, mainly because of the LTE and larger screen size. You may not feel the look of the phone is important, but many disagree with you. There are phones out there now with larger screens because that's what a lot of people want.
I personally am not wasting an upgrade on the 5s. It's not a big enough difference. Apple added a few bells (but no whistles) with the hopes of squeezing a little more money out of an already existing phone. Am I surprised? No. This has become their pattern and slowly but surely my love affair with Apple is coming to an end.

In my opinion apple is banking on ignorance because typically the iPhone 5 would have went down in price as soon as the 5s came out so really you're not getting a deal buying the 5c, just some crazy colors on the back and no option of black or white on the front.
I went from the iPhone 4 to the 4s- I hardly noticed any change except for Siri, which I hardly used. I noticed a huge change going to the 5, mainly because of the LTE and larger screen size. You may not feel the look of the phone is important, but many disagree with you. There are phones out there now with larger screens because that's what a lot of people want.
I personally am not wasting an upgrade on the 5s. It's not a big enough difference. Apple added a few bells (but no whistles) with the hopes of squeezing a little more money out of an already existing phone. Am I surprised? No. This has become their pattern and slowly but surely my love affair with Apple is coming to an end.
Which way will you go then? I'm curious? Because I do have experience of Lumia, Android, iOS and Blackberry - the OS of that. And Samsung talking of Tizen? And Windows' acquisition of Nokia? (by the way, If Nokia was still using Symbian and developing and supporting it, it is my number one choice). Apple is way better for me... exterior is different - the Z10 feel WAY better in hand than the iPhone 5 (for me). Even the Nokia N8 feels better to me.... but use it and then the performance will tell the story.. As I always say, the proof in the pudding is the eating... for me a phone is something I use... not for other people to be impressed by the looks. But in the end it is each persons own choice... (Thank goodness for that!!!) ....

I really believe that major or minor design changes aren't relevant. The economics of upgrade trump all else. As long as you care for your current model you can resell it, upgrade and pocket a monetary difference. For that reason alone continued upgrade makes sense.
Also, being curious about android systems, I bought an Asus 700 to compare with my IPad. I have already sold it. Quirky, to say the least.
I am not an Apple fanboy but when they are good, the are good. In fact I am not really sure what the big fuss is about regarding Android products.
That being said, there are design changes that would improve the Apple experience. On the top of the list would be removable storage and battery.
Not commenting on software issues as Seven is on the horizon and that requires exploration. I will mention that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I really believe that major or minor design changes aren't relevant. The economics of upgrade trump all else. As long as you care for your current model you can resell it, upgrade and pocket a monetary difference. For that reason alone continued upgrade makes sense.
Also, being curious about android systems, I bought an Asus 700 to compare with my IPad. I have already sold it. Quirky, to say the least.
I am not an Apple fanboy but when they are good, the are good. In fact I am not really sure what the big fuss is about regarding Android products.
That being said, there are design changes that would improve the Apple experience. On the top of the list would be removable storage and battery.
Not commenting on software issues as Seven is on the horizon and that requires exploration. I will mention that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Amen! I agree with you 100% on everything!!

I'm not saying they don't have some good products. I'm saying the company is horrible. They have spied on people and mined their data then lied about it. They have no regard for people's privacy. They are deceitful and arrogant. And before you say - 'Oh, they are all like that?" No they aren't. Not to the degree of google. They are truly an evil company.

owning a i4 I would say it is a big step forward for me personally but. I have mixed feelings as I really thought apple would rise to the occasion of latest releases I really thought they would have retired the old phone look!
in watching the event video from apple last night I sensed from all on stage a sense of were paid to promote this but really my heart isn't in this release. not really upbeat like past events have been.
on a latter note I think Tim Cook might want to start his resume no longer can he fall back on well this was a Steve Jobs thing this is all on him and frankly I am not impressed with his performance time will tell if the Board of Directors feel the same way as i5 was somewhat not received all that well and now this. only my opinion.

Which way will you go then? I'm curious? Because I do have experience of Lumia, Android, iOS and Blackberry - the OS of that. And Samsung talking of Tizen? And Windows' acquisition of Nokia? (by the way, If Nokia was still using Symbian and developing and supporting it, it is my number one choice). Apple is way better for me... exterior is different - the Z10 feel WAY better in hand than the iPhone 5 (for me). Even the Nokia N8 feels better to me.... but use it and then the performance will tell the story.. As I always say, the proof in the pudding is the eating... for me a phone is something I use... not for other people to be impressed by the looks. But in the end it is each persons own choice... (Thank goodness for that!!!) ....

For now I just keep using my iPhone 5 and see what the next upgrade brings. I'm perfectly fine with that. My point is gone are the days I upgrade each release....

Agree, fully. 5s is a turd. At this stage of the game, apple needs to do more than a few new features/apps, improved processor speed, and 3 new body colors. I still feel like my iPhone is the most user friendly & reliable device out there. But it's quickly losing ground, in the realm of exciting design. Four thumbs DOWN on their new devices. I hope the stock continues to tank. They need a slap in the face.

I have to say i'm not exactly thrilled with 5s, it certainly doesn't tempt me away from 5, hopefully next year will bring something more exciting, if you have iphone 4 or 4s then it's a decent upgrade i suppose......i like the colours though..... that's a woman thing ;)

Apple products seems to get a lot of hate online after the events and then they go onto selling really well.. its not really much of an upgrade I agree with Ivy, it seems after the 4 that was the biggest change and after that they have not been very big changes, the design has been the same.. though it is a very good design imo

I think the 5S meets my expectations of the next iphone. It is a phone and I intend to use it as such and am glad that it is not any bigger. I need it to fit comfortably in my shirt pocket. I have an iPad that meets my needs when I need a bigger screen and if I need bigger screen than that, I will use my desktop. I started with the 3GS then the 4S and I will order the 5S.