What's new

What do you think of the iPhone 5C?

Same old phone but now available in cheap plastic colors! Its a way to go after the low end market.

I think cereal companies used to use this marketing strategy, same crap in a new box! Go Apple!

Why? probably to make a more affordable version of the iphone and also for people who like the different colours, im sure apple had other reasons but it was a good idea for people who might want an iphone but not wanting to pay top dollar

I agree. This will be the hot ticket item for Christina's this year. Parents will buy the 5c for their kids.

I guess apple is trying to make the version 5 technology last a little longer. Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Nokia continue to make major strides in the cellular market while apple dribbles out a 5C and 5S. Whoopie!, not impressed. My wife dumped her 4s and jumped ship this year with a Motorola Droid Max, after playing with it and using it for a few days I would be hard pressed to buy a new 5C/S. I was hoping apple would blow the market away with a V6, larger, faster, more features, better battery, but not. But wait, its got a new finger print reader!!!! Whap, Whap, Whap, Fail!

INHO Apple is falling behind, I think the 5C was released for those who just have to have an iphone over anything else but couldn't afford the premium. The 5S is not worth having to be locked into another 2 year contract from (not to mention the initial cost).

Perhaps without Steve Jobs the apple ship has lost it's course, only time will tell.

Lets hope not. Maybe they are saving the big wow for the next version. I love apple but I do agree that the other phones out now out now are pretty cool.

I for one think the 5C is a great looking phone while the 5S looks terrible, particularly the gold. I can't stand how the black phone has they "Space Gray" on the back. To me it just looks poorly matched. I like the looks of the White/Silver ok, but nothing mor than ok. The 5C offers a very sleek and clean look and the colors a a nice touch for many, I chose the white.
I am upgrading from a 4S so at 199 for the 32GB 5C I will actually be able to make a little on my 4S when I sell it, unlocked.
I look forward to see what changes a made to ipad, but for now I am eager to unwrap by new iphone 5c next week.

I initially bought the 4S 64gig thinking I needed that (I didn't). I have a year to go before my contract is up. I am really considering the 5C over the 5S. I use the Data more than the phone and not even the texting. If the 5C is just a Plastic version of the 5 like I read, then the data on battery life should be good too. I thought the Razr Maxx was best (they said they had the best battery after all). Then I saw several comparisons between the Max and the iphone 5 and found out the difference wasn't large it was small (as in minutes). I don't need a phone with a fast processor, since I don't play games. And I don't need a Finger print to lock my phone so next year, I will get the 5C.

I initially bought the 4S 64gig thinking I needed that (I didn't). I have a year to go before my contract is up. I am really considering the 5C over the 5S. I use the Data more than the phone and not even the texting. If the 5C is just a Plastic version of the 5 like I read, then the data on battery life should be good too. I thought the Razr Maxx was best (they said they had the best battery after all). Then I saw several comparisons between the Max and the iphone 5 and found out the difference wasn't large it was small (as in minutes). I don't need a phone with a fast processor, since I don't play games. And I don't need a Finger print to lock my phone so next year, I will get the 5C.
Such a sensible comment and exactly what it is in my opinion. The 5C is the 5. Just the "plastic" body. The way Apple is operating and the quality of their products, will ensure that the so called "plastic" body will be of good quality. The 5 is "discontinued", but also IMO the 5C is just the 5 in a different "body". Nobody complains about other so-called "plastic" phones. This phone will be the best "cheap plastic" phone you can get. I am of the opinion that Apple will increase the screen size. But I think all the hype now on the "looks" of the phone? It's like condemning the phone before you even touch it!!!

I... I thought the Razr Maxx was best (they said they had the best battery after all). Then I saw several comparisons between the Max and the iphone 5 and found out the difference wasn't large it was small (as in minutes). I don't need a phone with a fast processor, since I don't play games. And I don't need a Finger print to lock my phone so next year, I will get the 5C.

2 comments; My 32gb iphone has at least 5000 songs, 4 video's, tons of apps and it's still not close to being full. Next time I don't think I will spring for the extra memory either, 16gb whould be plenty!

I can tell your first hand about the differences in battery life of a Droid Razr Max versus iphone 5, I have used them both the exact same way, I spend about 1 hour a day talking and a little more than surfing the net. I get almost 2 full days on the Motorola, and the iphone is dead at the end of a single day. My wife switched over from apple to droid mostly because of battery life. If your into texting the keyboard on the droid is also much better. Whats really funny is my old 3gs would run 2 full days. What apple should have done is offer the 5"C" with an software option to perhaps shut off 1 core to capitalize on battery life for those needing a long lasting platform.

It's going to be very interesting to see how well the 5C will be received and the sales numbers. I guess it boils down to how much of an apple follower you are, personally I don't care who's name is on it, I just want the best bang and performance for the buck!

I think that they knew the iPhone 5S wasn't going to be too much of a change from the 5 so they decided to release the 5C as well making the 5S really stand out. Agreeing with some of the posts here I think that the gold iphone 5S is hideous and tries too much to give it the "king of apple" look. I personally only like the white one cause the other colors don't blend in as well.

I just got the 5c a few days ago. I really enjoy it. I had an iphone 5 16GB and I really wanted more memory. So I had an upgrade traded in my 5 and got the 5c for free. I now have a lime green 32GB and I'm happy.

I had the 5C for a day and sent it to cyprus,, it does look nice and if apple had released it instead of the 5 last year I would of bought it of course if there was a 64gb model, the fact that there is only up to 32Gb alone is a deal breaker forgetting about the rest of it

Still waiting on my wife's 5c. The comments regarding the plastic amaze me. Polycarbonate plastic is not a cheap material. It's been used in motorcycle windshields for years (a tough environment), in bulletproof windows, shatter resistant lenses, compact discs and DVDs (ever try to break one of those?), and many industrial/medical applications. It holds up extremely well under long term exposure to direct sunlight, and has a clarity and high quality look and feel that separates it from other plastics. No, it's not the metal and glass of other iPhones, but I wouldn't mistake it for the cheap construction of some competitors' plastic phones. Although I have yet to spend any serious time with one, I have handled the 5c and "cheap" is not a phrase I would ever use to describe it.

I am now thinking Apple was smart and provided a better option, the "C" is nothing more than a "5" with a cheap price a cheap plastic bottom and since its based on the "5" and it works.

On the other hand the new "5s" uses new technology, that again has bitten Apple on the u know what. It appears the 5s is going to be another fopah (like the 4), lets list some recently discovered problems:

Finger print reader that can be easily bypassed needing an immediate software patch, (at least they somewhat fixed it)
No Near field communications (a standard in high end cell phones)
a defective or miss calibrated accelerometer
a defective or miss calibrated compass (though this might be related to the new chip used in the accelerometer)
poor battery life

An how will apple fix this, Perhaps the resolution to the problem is "your holding it wrong" in the immortal words of Steve Jobs.

I hope someone takes the guns away from Apple, they keep shooting their feet.
Think I will keep my old phone.