What's new

What do u like best about ur 5c?

Your right not to , I've already had done so upgraded to 8.0 . One major thing that's wrong with iOS 8 I have a third party music called iTube I've had it for almost three years , I started out with a 3GS the music started out free to download and free to play but when I decided to get a new phone I started out with iOS 7 it was still the same with iTube free all around, may I point out this was for my personal use I'm not into pirating music, so when iOS 8 came out I was excited with a new download and what it entails so I did . This was I think around the end of September or October I like Christmas music so I listen to on the road in cellular data so when December rolled around I decided to download a bunch of new Christmas songs so at the middle to the end of November I got a message from my phone carrier said I used 90% of my 100% data plan I said woo I shut everything off from that phone that used data that I could I had to end up and ask for more allowable use per month data to be added , than I stated investigating as to why this happened . I found that iTube had been taken off the App Store and I found with my still iTube app which was updated along with iOS 8 had changed now when I play a song from my favorites list it charges me data while playing I find this absurd but after talking to Apple we found that when you play a song your streaming as we'll as if your downloading so before iOS 8 when I downloaded a song it was actually stored on my phone I could play it no data being used to prove this folks I still has my old 3GS phone with the original iTube app on it with its original version , I had to charge my phone when it got done I turned it on went to iTube music app tap it a list of my favorites still there marked cached I tap a song it stated playing with no spinning wheel at the top spinning indicating using data now mind you this phone is not connected to the Internet either through cellular or wifi I don't have wifi now isn't that interesting! I think I received a noticed from ITube or somebody that I needed to upgrade I wish I didn't now I've got over four hours of Christmas music I can't play without the fear of data use when I'm driving down the road . I be trying to figure out how to downgrade to ios 7 to get back the old original version of iTube I hope this is possible, I understand singers deserve royalties for their music when you download but not when you play the same song over and over again that's like paying for a car everytime you get in it to drive it wouldn't that be stupid . I hope a lot of people get what I'm talking about so I don't know who started this Apple or music companies or whoever I hope what I said is read if I'm wrong please tell me but with the experiment of my old 3GS phone it would be hard to disprove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@victor.parr.9
It's not possible to revert to any previous software version for your iPhone. The latest software is iOS 8.1.2, and it brought many improvements for iPhones.
Even if you could revert to iOS 7: the app isn't available any more in App Store, just the one you're using now.

I've read your story, and I'm wondering if your experience with one app is the only reason why you think it's not a good decision to update to iOS 8x.

Apps like iTube Free were removed from the App Store for legal reasons, and Apple started removing them months before iOS 8 was released.

An app doesn't get updated just by updating the software version of the iDevice. It has to be updated in App Store. If you noticed the change after the update, this might have happened in an app update before you installed iOS 8, or after installing it. It certainly didn't update with the installation of iOS 8.
With the message to upgrade the app, there should also have been the information about changes and why it's necessary. I'm certain upgrading would also have been necessary if you stayed with iOS 7.

That could be true J.A. ,theirs a lot of good things about iOS 8 voice texting certainly one thing but I'm frustrated that I have music stored and can't listen to it like I used to buy the way I failed to mention with 3GS phone I only had 6.1.? Something another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to what J.A. said if I understand what you are saying, you downloaded songs without paying a fee so how was the artist getting paid? That may be the reason the app had to get changed, for royalty issues as no agreements exist with the artist.

I still am using 7.1 with no problems so far. I've sat through the upgrades and each one has been reportedly flawed in one way or other. When the consensus is that the next upgrade fixes the reported issues without slowing my 16gb 5c, then I may upgrade. My phone works flawlessly, so I'm staying with what works for me.