What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

Having a lunch break from the garden, Just put up some Willow screens partly as a wind break for the Phormiums and partly to look nice.....Planting next.

Just finished stripping and cleaning 14 little solar lights, some were broken.
Using my electronic skills haha stuck them all back in the garden to catch the last rays of sunshine, now the sun has gone behind clouds.
Next stop the bank, to find out why they won't transfer money from my konto. To pay to Jura

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Having a lunch break from the garden, Just put up some Willow screens partly as a wind break for the Phormiums and partly to look nice.....Planting next.
I hope it won't be too long until you can simply sit back and enjoy the garden.

Cycling
image.jpeg

Was riding past Darscho, will be in Illmitz in a few minutes.

Your part of Austria seems just as flat as the part of Saskatchewan I live in. There are more trees and other vegetation though.
More trees in your area, or in mine?
My whole district was woodland, centuries ago. Then most of the trees were felled, to make room for fields, and, later, vineyards. There are just a few trees now.

A picture with just flat ground is lame. That's why I'm sometimes stopping near trees when I take a photo during one of my cycle rides, to make it more interesting. Besides, I also need the shadow; it's easier to recognize what's going on on my iPhone. :)

More trees in your area, or in mine?
My whole district was woodland, centuries ago. Then most of the trees were felled, to make room for fields, and, later, vineyards. There are just a few trees now.

A picture with just flat ground is lame. That's why I'm sometimes stopping near trees when I take a photo during one of my cycle rides, to make it more interesting. Besides, I also need the shadow; it's easier to recognize what's going on on my iPhone. :)
Where I live, every tree you see was planted by someone. Small trees and brush can grow in sheltered areas such as river valleys and ravines but the open prairie is naturally treeless.

Where I live, every tree you see was planted by someone. Small trees and brush can grow in sheltered areas such as river valleys and ravines but the open prairie is naturally treeless.
Why is that? Because of your climate, or for other reasons?

Why is that? Because of your climate, or for other reasons?
Mainly the climate. There's generally not enough water to supply a tree with a long term supply of water. A tree planted on the open prairie will generally die if left unattended, although it can take several decades.