What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

Crazy. We can't get enough workers and other places don't have enough jobs. I was in the east end of Edmonton today and nearly every business had help wanted boards outside.

Yeah I've been job searching for months. I get interviews and never hear back even though I'm qualified. Although I had a job at jiffy lube a few months ago for about a week and quit because of the ridiculous repetitive steps they make you take to perform an oil change. Probably shouldn't have quit but I couldn't deal with it. Although I am ASE certified now thanks to them lol. I swear though, if you ever go to jiffy lube try to listen to the employees while they're doing an oil change and imagine doing that 20-30 times a day lol

Sent from my cellular device

Which country is that in, Chris? Maybe you could freelance. A friend of mine in the UK made a good living servicing cars right outside his house.

What kind of stuff do they have you do?

A series of checks you have to yell out to the other employees. It's like a script. When you get hired you have to do 8 hours of "training" on the computer that basically just tells you how to do the checks properly. It's ridiculous. For example, I was a lower bay tech so I was draining oil and checking everything underneath the car. I'd have to yell out "ready for oil, bay 1", "fittings greased, bay 1", "check oil filter bay 1". Stuff like that. And if you don't say them correctly every time you get reprimanded. I know that you can't always get a job you like but jiffy lube is by far the worst place I've ever worked at. I'm not bashing their service because they do a great job. But being an employee is the worst experience.

I was a lube technician at a ford dealership so I did tires, oil, filters, inspections, and miscellaneous things. I did everything by myself so I didn't have to have people down my throat every second of the day. It was much more layed back at the dealership. Wish I still worked there :/

Which country is that in, Chris? Maybe you could freelance. A friend of mine in the UK made a good living servicing cars right outside his house.

I'm in the US. I actually used to sort of do that. All of my family, friends, and friends' family used to have me work on their cars and I would charge $30 an hour plus parts. It was a good gig but wasn't steady income and I got a lot of people complaining that I should do it for free since they were close friends' and such so I stopped. Too much stress

That's a pity. Too many people want something for nothing.

What about truckers who want grease jobs and oil changes on the road? Get in with a local truckstop that doesn't have a service bay, and you could be made. Downtime on trucks costs big bucks. You could have an oil change done while the driver is eating.

That's a pity. Too many people want something for nothing.

What about truckers who want grease jobs and oil changes on the road? Get in with a local truckstop that doesn't have a service bay, and you could be made. Downtime on trucks costs big bucks. You could have an oil change done while the driver is eating.

Thats a good idea! I'm seriously gonna look into that. Diesels are a piece of cake to work on also lol

Kevin... you better hit him up for a royalty percentage now... before this takes off. LOL!!!

Haha for real. I'm planning on going to college soon to get my phd in psychology so this could fund it :)

Thomasjtsi said:
Kevin... you better hit him up for a royalty percentage now... before this takes off. LOL!!!

Haha. I'll just ask for a discount if I ever get down to the States.