What's new

Welcome to the Sprint iPhone Forum

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the Sprint iPhone 4S is now official we figured having a section specific to Sprint would be a great idea. If you have a specific question related to using the iPhone 4S on the Sprint Network, please use this section.

Sprint iPhone Forum.

Is the form factor the same as the Iphone 4 for the purpose of buying cases as screen protectors?

Short answer: yes.
This is my first iPhone so I'm not really sure of this...but I heard in the iPhone 4S videos that the camera for the 4S was going to be bigger then the 4. So is the opening for the camera bigger, and the hole on the cases might need to adjust for this? I contacted a reputable eBay dealer who's selling iPhone 4S cases and I asked him this question about the camera being bigger and would the hole in the 4 cases be big enough....he replied he was not sure yet.

No the bigger thing in the camera is inside the camera, not outside. The outside of the iphone 4S is exactly the same with the iPhone 4. You are hearing that the camera is big because it's an 8MP resolution where by the iPhone 4 is 5MP. So don't worry about the cases you can use it on your new iPhone 4S without troubles.