What's new

Welcome to the iPhone 8 Forum

They won't kill their own sales. I'd guess it's likely the same as the 5C release of 2015 (if at all)

Fall 2017 would see an iPhone 7S and possibility of an executive line iPhone 7X for example.
Fall 2018 would be a refresh and an iPhone 8 (8th generation).

One thing's for sure, there will be a new phone this fall, but I highly doubt it's the next generation. They've started shipping the guts for the next generation phone so that Apple engineers can start the trial phase. Happens with every generation. Extensive year-long real world use before it's ready for public release. They don't produce a prototype and launch to market before testing. That would be setup for failure.

Last edited:
Agreed Junior. Just don't think they will want to take a big hit sales wise release 2 models of phones, that being the 7s and 8. I could be wrong but I think we will see a small gap in time between the 7s and 8 being sold. But I could be totally wrong!!! Will just have to see what happens!!!

If what we’re calling the iPhone 8 will be the 10th anniversary iPhone, it’s unlikely that it will be released a year late. The chances are good, however, that supplies will be limited on launch day due to production issues. Apple is going to want to do something special for the 10th anniversary iPhone and a minor refresh of the iPhone 7 (iPhone 7S) doesn’t fit the bill. We also don’t know for sure what Apple will call this 10th anniversary iPhone. The iPhone 8 name is just something that’s been assumed by the speculators.

Reactions: 933
personally I feel the rumours are right, we will get a iphone 8 which will be an improvement over the 7, probably not the major jump we all wanted. However I also am worried that they will price it quite a bit higher in order to differenciate it from the iphone 7 and still maintain iphone 7 sales

i know it will be amazing with special features and unique design, but i am a little worried about the high price of the iPhone8 which i cannot afford.

You don't have to buy a new 8 unless you positively, absolutely, have to have a new phone. They are discounting the Iphone7's and the 7S will be cheaper than the 8. I have a 7 and I really like it. I bought it last December and I'll probably hang on to it for about 2 years or so.

And if you can wait a year, the 8 will be $100 or so less than the price they release in September.

It should be nice though. And popular. Stock analysts are suggesting that Apple will sell more new 7S's and 8's than previous new releases.

That's earlier than I thought. Thought it will be on the 14 Sept.

They haven't announced the actual date yet. Actually the 12th is a few days later than normal if you look at how they announced in the past years. They've always held this launch in a single digit date. Sept. 7th last year. 9th the year before.

They haven't announced the actual date yet. Actually the 12th is a few days later than normal if you look at how they announced in the past years. They've always held this launch in a single digit date. Sept. 7th last year. 9th the year before.
Waiting for it.

I'm dreading seeing the UK price, last years price was a shock.

I am so excited [emoji38] just can't wait. Maybe Apple will call the next range the iPhone 11 to match the new iOS and miss out a few numbers in the series.

Think l read this somewhere on a wall in a dream !!!