What's new

Weird mark on photo

dlk

Reaction score
image.png
Does anyone know what caused this weird black mark to show up on a photo. It was originally taken with a 6 and sent to a 4. The mark didn't happen right away. It was found just recently (the photo was taken in June)

I feel this thread is not what it seems (hidden agenda). I ask that it be deleted, or at least closed.

I feel this thread is not what it seems (hidden agenda). I ask that it be deleted, or at least closed.
I am not posting a joke or something with a hidden agenda. This is a legitimate question. I would appreciate some answers as to what happened to this photo.

Are you saying the mark didn't appear until sometime after the photo was taken? Does the mark appear on the original photo on the iPhone 6 as well as the version sent to the iPhone 4.

I am not posting a joke or something with a hidden agenda. This is a legitimate question. I would appreciate some answers as to what happened to this photo.
If you understand photography and light, and examine the black area, you'll see that the lighting gives it away - the black patch is what looks like putty on the woman's forehead. Did you notice the light bouncing off the black area that is directly over the woman's brow ridge? The only way that could happen is if the woman had something on her forehead during the photo session or someone doctored the photo after-the-fact. This was the reason for my "hidden agenda" comment.

If you understand photography and light, and examine the black area, you'll see that the lighting gives it away - the black patch is what looks like putty on the woman's forehead. Did you notice the light bouncing off the black area that is directly over the woman's brow ridge? The only way that could happen is if the woman had something on her forehead during the photo session or someone doctored the photo after-the-fact. This was the reason for my "hidden agenda" comment.

The original picture which I took has no mark on it. Also, the image did not transfer when I sent her the picture. The mark was just recently seen on her photo on her camera. Her one eye is also dark, where before it had a red eye shine like the other. I was just wondering if it was some kind of conversion glitch between the two phone generations, and if anyone else ever had this happen.

Are you saying the mark didn't appear until sometime after the photo was taken? Does the mark appear on the original photo on the iPhone 6 as well as the version sent to the iPhone 4.
The original photo which I took on my phone is still normal without a mark. The photo on her phone had changed. The change didn't happen instantly though.

image.jpeg
The original photo which I took on my phone is still normal without a mark. The photo on her phone had changed. The change didn't happen instantly though.

The original picture which I took has no mark on it. Also, the image did not transfer when I sent her the picture. The mark was just recently seen on her photo on her camera. Her one eye is also dark, where before it had a red eye shine like the other. I was just wondering if it was some kind of conversion glitch between the two phone generations, and if anyone else ever had this happen.
Yes, there is a lot of evidence that suggests that this photo has been edited (red-eye removal on only one eye, etc). Given that the edits are amateurish at best, I would say the black mark is an editing error. I have been working with photography and computer graphics for over a decade.

The image appears to be the lady next to her. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro