What's new

Weird iTunes Message About iPhone

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
The last couple of times I plugged my phone into my computer to charge, the iTunes icon began to bounce on the computer screen. I clicked on the icon and received the message "iTunes could not connect to iPhone. This iPhone is no longer connected." However, the phone is connected. If I disconnect it and reconnect, I receive the same message. What is happening? Why is it doing this? What do I do??

Did you try force closing iTunes, re-opening it then connecting your iPhone?

Hi scifan,

I just tried it, and it seems to have worked. Thank you. Weird. I cannot imagine what caused it to do that.

I'm glad I could help. Thanks for letting us know.
Usually an app icon will bounce like that if it's just been updated. It does that on my MacBook Pro.

Hmmm, interesting. My laptop is a MacBook Air. I LOVE it! : ) It is my first Mac. I will NEVER go back to a Windows based pc again.

Ever since I forced iTune to quit, it no longer opens whence I plug my phone in to charge. I have new stuff to upload, though. How do I set it to sink with my phone whence I plug it into my computer???

Open iTunes and click the box that lets you set when to connect.

Thanks, bear. Now I noticed a different problem. iphoto is not opening automatically. I get a message saying I have to use my phone's passcode to unlock it before iphoto can access it. I do that, and the phone asks if it can trust this computer. I say yes, and then they connect, but the bar on the side keeps jumping back and forth between "Events" and my "iphone." I cannot get it to stop. Next, EVERY TIME my computer's fan comes on. It never used to do these things. Anyone know what is wrong???