What's new

Web links do not open from Mail app in iPhone 4s

Sudarshan

Reaction score
Hi Team,

I am facing a problem from few days back. I am not able to open any web links that comes in any of my email.
When I click the link in the email to open, the Mail :mail: app stuck/hangs and do not respond i.e. no response to touch, no scrolling, no going back.
Neither does the web link open in Safari. I then have to kill the process (double pressing HOME :home: button and stop the Mail app from running) to get the mails working.

Few days back this used to work perfectly fine and the web links were easily opening in the browser.

Also, if I copy the web link in the mail and paste it in safari to open then the link opens. This means the links are correct and safari is also working.

I tried hard reset i.e. press & hold HOME + SLEEP button till the phone reset. After doing this, everything gets working again but the problem arises after sometime. I even removed my email accounts from the phone and set them up again. But still the problem persist.

I am using iPhone 4s and iOS is 6.1.3

Please suggest any solution if someone has already faced this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sud

Wow, hoppin place....guy asked for help 15 months ago and no body here saw fit to help the lad out.....