What's new

Weather Radar App that works without wifi

COWBOY1296

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and have done some searches but can not find the answer to my question. I have my radar pro on my iphone 6s and luv it. But I just realized yesterday that I needed to be connected to wifi for it to work. Being a harley rider and sometimes being in the wilderness having one that does not depend on a wifi connection would be great. Any suggestions?

I am new to the forum and have done some searches but can not find the answer to my question. I have my radar pro on my iphone 6s and luv it. But I just realized yesterday that I needed to be connected to wifi for it to work. Being a harley rider and sometimes being in the wilderness having one that does not depend on a wifi connection would be great. Any suggestions?
Firstly welcome to the forum, Secondly it would be great to see photos of your Harley.

It big and hi tech and gets me around just fine.

Attachments

• RIGHT SIDE.jpg
    RIGHT SIDE.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 552
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I doubt that you'll find a weather radar app that would work without WiFi or a cellular data connection; if there was no internet connection it wouldn't be able to update.

I am new to smart phones so there is a chance i could misunderstand. But is there an app that would work without wifi but with cell a phone connection.

I am new to smart phones so there is a chance i could misunderstand. But is there an app that would work without wifi but with cell a phone connection.
Such an app would probably work with both WiFi and a cellular connection. When WiFi is available it will use it to save on cellular data usage.

yes it is and i am not so sure that i did not misunderstand the on screen message yesterday. i need to try it again. it may have said that with wifi it could give me a more accurate location. thats what i get for not having my reading glasses with me

yes it is and i am not so sure that i did not misunderstand the on screen message yesterday. i need to try it again. it may have said that with wifi it could give me a more accurate location. thats what i get for not having my reading glasses with me
WiFi hotspot triangulation can give a fairly accurate location fix if there are enough WiFi hotspots in the area but the built in GPS is more than accurate enough for a weather app if there's no WiFi available.