What's new

Weather APP

Kiron Kid

Reaction score
Hello

Has anyone noticed that the Weather APP that comes with the phone, seems to draw quite a bit of battery power? If so, is there a way to temporarily disable it?

Thanks
Russ

Do you have the app set to allow background app refresh? If so, turn it off and let us know if it helps.

Yes, it was set to "background APP refresh. What does that mean? I turned it off. o_O

Thanks
Russ

This means that the app will keep updating in the background - without you having to do it. It happens automatically and at certain times.

If the problem continues, turn off location services and go to the app and delete your location there. Then use a 3rd party weather app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful. What 3rd party weather apps do you recommend?

Thanks
Russ

I've got the Westher Channel app, Yahoo Weather, WeatherNow and several others. I like WeatherNow the best, but the other two are quite good, with the Yahoo weather app using local photos based on your location.

I am using the original weather application and I haven't noticed any battery drain problems. I turned off Location Services and Background App Refresh. Just manually add your places and everything is gonna be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I turned off everything on the stock weather app and even deleted my location on the app itself so it would not show in the Notification Center. I like BeWeather 2 with it's customization and great widget.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮