What's new

We are moving from Blackberrys.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbssys

Reaction score
My daughter and I are both moving from 8330 Blackberrys to the Sprint 4S. I am on a MacBook Pro and she is on a PC. What is the easiest way to port our contacts to the iPhones given that we both use the desktop manager for backup? I want to be ready when they arrive. Also, Sprint told us that Apple Care covered up to two losses with a $49 charge but when I read it, it looks like it only covers damage, NOT loss. Which is correct?
Thanks!

Jim in Chicago

I pre ordered my iPhone 4s on OCt 7 anyone have any idea when I can expect it sprint said maybe on the 14 or 15

I am confused about this. Does the first reply mean that the iPhone will somehow sync with my daughter's Yahoo email contacts? How do I do that for her?

I have backed up contacts using BB Desktop Mgr and went to iTunes but do not see contacts anywhere there. Please tell me step by step how to get the contacts from the backup file over to the iPhone.

smart move to switch the the iphone from blackberry, i had the torch and become so fed up of it i took out another contract for an iphone, best decision i have made for a while, enjoy :)

Backup your contacts to your computer or a Yahoo account and then you can just sync them to your iPhone through iTunes

According to the protection plan, they only cover lost iPhones if the iPhone is returned to them in it's entirety(doesn't make much sense).

AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone

I have been trying to do what you have suggested but I do NOT see how to get the contacts out of the Blackberry. Just how to do? Blackberry Desktop Manager does not allow for an export.

If the torch is the one with the touch screen AND a keyboard, please tell me what was bad as my son in law is about to buy one next week. We can move this as another thread if need be.

cbssys said:
If the torch is the one with the touch screen AND a keyboard, please tell me what was bad as my son in law is about to buy one next week. We can move this as another thread if need be.

Yea the one wuth the touch and keyboard. Slide one. It was jus blackberry in general which made me switch.. Software kept crashing and the slide became loose after about 6months.

Ordered my iPhone 4S Friday and got it today ... I have spent the entire afternoon getting past the startup garbage on the iPhone, why I have to use an Apple login irks me beyond irritation. I was on the phone with Apple for hours got disconnected and they then were busy in TechSupport and got lucky and after turning the iPhone off a number of times was able to continue.

... I've had Macs for 20 years and this iPhone thing is very different ... can't access the HD or anything :-/

finally at 7 p.m. I'm trying to figure out how to use iDrive Lite ... I can see my contacts online ... but when I got to backup TO the iPhone all it does it take my contacts from Apple Mail which I never use and puts them in the iPhone.

I have 720 biz contacts on my BB. I need to be sure to take them off of the BB and put them somewhere else.

My BB Desktop Manager has not worked at all for 6 months after several uninstalls and reinstalls ... Eeeek ! So I got the iPhone with the idea that once I got this set up I would nevah have to go through this again .... but an entire day ! I have the BB file from when the Desktop Mgr did work, but can only use that with a working BB,
according to Sprint store.

Does anyone know of someplace I can backup the BB contacts online and be sure they don't erase my BB and put in gMail or Google contacts or something else, and STILL be able to load the contacts to iPHone?

I cannot activate my iPhone on Sprint until I am absolutely positive I get all of my contacts transferred first.

thanks so much !

Also, would someone please tell me how to erase ALL contacts on the iPhone before I install the correct ones ...

I used the 8330 for 3 years and loved it. Got the 9930 BOLD with touch screen and keyboard and I loved the phone but could not get it to work on Mac BB desktop mgr so I sent it back. Second one would work either, and after the phone being BRAND NEW, they sent me a used phone the 3 day it was out. That is the end of BB for me. RIM is not compatible with Macs for the most part. But I did love the phone and the push email ...

Status
Not open for further replies.