What's new

We Apple allow copy&past with iOS9?

digitalcuriosity

Reaction score
I am wondering if with the up coming iOS9 ,will Apple allow us to do as we can do with our Android devices. And just copy a file from our computers and paste them into our phones.
This one item has not made me a fan of Apple,forcing us to always use iTunes to do simple tasks.
To me it's just adding something that really is not needed,maybe in the past the powers at Apple felt,making you always go to iTunes would make you more apt to buy something.
I really like the quality of the Apple iPhones my old iPhone4 gave me great service,i really like them better then my past Samsung GalaxyIII.
But the iTunes item I dislike.

I am wondering if with the up coming iOS9 ,will Apple allow us to do as we can do with our Android devices. And just copy a file from our computers and paste them into our phones.
This one item has not made me a fan of Apple,forcing us to always use iTunes to do simple tasks.
To me it's just adding something that really is not needed,maybe in the past the powers at Apple felt,making you always go to iTunes would make you more apt to buy something.
I really like the quality of the Apple iPhones my old iPhone4 gave me great service,i really like them better then my past Samsung GalaxyIII.
But the iTunes item I dislike.
Once you understand the iOS file system, you'll understand why it is the way it is. You'll also understand why it's more secure this way.

Once you understand the iOS file system, you'll understand why it is the way it is. You'll also understand why it's more secure this way.

If I am copying a file from my computer to a phone,just what would I be wanting to secure it from myself?
What makes being forced to use a service as iTunes guarantee my files are secure?
iTunes is out in there in internet outer space, who knows who really has access to what is passed through it?

If I am copying a file from my computer to a phone,just what would I be wanting to secure it from myself?
What makes being forced to use a service as iTunes guarantee my files are secure?
iTunes is out in there in internet outer space, who knows who really has access to what is passed through it?
Data transmissions from iTunes and other Apple apps to your iPhone and back are encrypted and not even Apple has the encryption key. That's what makes it more secure. While no system is 100% safe, iOS is safer than most.

Data transmissions from iTunes and other Apple apps to your iPhone and back are encrypted and not even Apple has the encryption key. That's what makes it more secure. While no system is 100% safe, iOS is safer than most.

I am not disputing that Apple and their systems are secure, i have had and used Apple products and their systems for many years. Never a security problem.

But if I just wish to copy a file from my computer into mine and Sprints iPhone6. Why is it a problem to just let me copy it and paste it into the phone. It's my computer and it's mine and Sprints phone. And I don't think Sprint cares how my file gets on our phone.

Ok, first of all you do not own iOS. Ownership of iOS, including the copy on your iPhone, will always remain with Apple. This is explained in the first point in the Apple End User license.

Secondly, iOS is app-based rather than file based. Meaning that you cannot simply place any file into iOS unless there is an app installed that can handle that file.

Google has publicly stated that Android is not designed to be secure. Therefore the platform itself is, in my opinion, untrustworthy.

Apple, on the other hand, has often been the target of US government anger due to not being able to gain access to iOS at their leisure.

Those points should tell you quite a bit.

Ok, first of all you do not own iOS. Ownership of iOS, including the copy on your iPhone, will always remain with Apple. This is explained in the first point in the Apple End User license.

Secondly, iOS is app-based rather than file based. Meaning that you cannot simply place any file into iOS unless there is an app installed that can handle that file.

Google has publicly stated that Android is not designed to be secure. Therefore the platform itself is, in my opinion, untrustworthy.

Apple, on the other hand, has often been the target of US government anger due to not being able to gain access to iOS at their leisure.

Those points should tell you quite a bit.

I am not wishing to or do anything to Apples iOS,all I wanted is to just transfer files the simple way as i have done for years. Copy a file then past in where i wish.

As far as i am concerned the issue is as it is.
No need to discuss iit any further.

The Apple iPhone is a great phone to make and receive calls using it.
I still have my old Samsung Galaxy III I own it and it's really useful for viewing my pictures and my videos.
That's it.

I am not disputing that Apple and their systems are secure, i have had and used Apple products and their systems for many years. Never a security problem.

But if I just wish to copy a file from my computer into mine and Sprints iPhone6. Why is it a problem to just let me copy it and paste it into the phone. It's my computer and it's mine and Sprints phone. And I don't think Sprint cares how my file gets on our phone.
Actually you can if your Jailbroke. There's numorus apps that can do what you need. Safari Downloader+ is one of them.

Actually you can if your Jailbroke. There's numorus apps that can do what you need. Safari Downloader+ is one of them.

I am now using AirShare and it has taken care of moving picture files from my computer to my phone.

So basically you wanted to do something that IOS/Apple clearly states is not a feature but a function of an app, an app that was not native but available in the App Store. You didn't have an app you liked and so railed against the operating system and the company that made the hardware when you really just needed a referral to an app that was easy to use. Had you just simply stated that this is what you were looking for you probably would have received the answer you wanted in a prompt fashion which would have been less frustrating for you and those seeking to respond to your post.

So basically you wanted to do something that IOS/Apple clearly states is not a feature but a function of an app, an app that was not native but available in the App Store. You didn't have an app you liked and so railed against the operating system and the company that made the hardware when you really just needed a referral to an app that was easy to use. Had you just simply stated that this is what you were looking for you probably would have received the answer you wanted in a prompt fashion which would have been less frustrating for you and those seeking to respond to your post.

I don't know where i went so wrong ,and caused you to have to send me this unneeded and non helpful message Mr.BEAR7962.

I'm new to iPhone so I get it digitalcuriosity. You didn't realize a new app was needed. Now you know. I get frustrated with the apple way of doing things a tad as well.

Best Regards
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk