What's new

Watching live tv.

alant

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how much data I would use up if I watched live tv over 3g 4g for an hour?

That's not possible without knowing the exact program you're streaming. It depends on how much data is used by each frame. At a rough guess, you're looking at several GB of data used.

Reactions: 933
Something like the local news.

Takes a lot of data that is for sure. As said by scifan57, there is no way to tell exactly as you can’t determine the exact amount of data for each frame. But it does use GB’s of data to stream for that long. Do you not have an unlimited plan? Most of the carriers have gone this way and the cost is not much. Even the pre paid cards are only about $40-$60 per month for unlimited data usage. This is for most carriers today. If you don’t have an unlimited data plan I would not be steaming much if any TV as it will make you go over your allotted data if that is what you have, pretty fast. Just my experience from the past. With kids and them not knowing or caring it can be costly!! Hope this helps and have a great day

No unlimited plan. Pre-paid Boost Mobile 6 gb/month. Sounds like a bad idea. I was just curious. Thanks for the input!

I guess a 10 minute YouTube video would be just as bad...