What's new

Want to jb my 4s

holysmoke

Reaction score
Am currently jb on 5.0.1 and affraid to brick my phone. I have heard if I update to 6.1 I could brick my phone because I'm already jb. Can anybody clear that up for me? If not what are the steps update the backup then jb? Thanks in advance

The chances of "bricking" your iPhone are very, very slim and almost never happens due to updating and/or Jailbreaking.

Backup your iPhone via iTunes, put your iPhone in DFU mode, then hit restore via iTunes. Download the JB from evasi0n.com.

The chances of "bricking" your iPhone are very, very slim and almost never happens due to updating and/or Jailbreaking.

Backup your iPhone via iTunes, put your iPhone in DFU mode, then hit restore via iTunes. Download the JB from evasi0n.com.

I wouldn't say "never" for the updating part. A lot of people don't get the concept that you shouldn't unplug your device during a restore or that they should take special precautions when updating their jailbroken/UltraSn0wed devices

willerz2 said:
I wouldn't say "never" for the updating part. A lot of people don't get the concept that you shouldn't unplug your device during a restore or that they should take special precautions when updating their jailbroken/UltraSn0wed devices

I do know not to unplug it as far as ultrasn0wed I didn't use that jb. That is why I've ask for the help that you two gave me. My question sounds probably basic to you guys but to me nobody talks about devices already jb just how to jb. Because without your answers I would have plugged it in updated and jb and probably had problem but know I've learned that I need to to put it in dfu then restore then jb. Thanks again guys ;)

Another dumb question my phone is imei unlocked that should give me a problem right? I don't need to save my shsh blobs do I?

You do not need SHSH blobs when restoring to the latest iOS. That's a universal thing. Your phone's IMEI and baseband has no effect on your jailbreak-ability. As long as your iOS is supported, and your device is supported, you can jailbreak.

willerz2 said:
You do not need SHSH blobs when restoring to the latest iOS. That's a universal thing. Your phone's IMEI and baseband has no effect on your jailbreak-ability. As long as your iOS is supported, and your device is supported, you can jailbreak.

Thanks again I'm still learning thanks to your help