What's new

Waaaaaaa Siri making a call without being asked...

Macette1

Reaction score
Hi can some help I opened Siri to put a note in Calendar and she rang my friends number in Australia and I could not find how to stop it quickly. Just lost most my credit. What do I do to stop this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd take the number out of Contacts so it wasn't there for Siri to call. At worst, if Siri tried to do it again the call would be FaceTime Audio.

If you intend to call the number from your iPhone any time, you can put it in Notes where Siri can't get at it and all you have to do is tap the number to make the call.

I'd take the number out of Contacts so it wasn't there for Siri to call. At worst, if Siri tried to do it again the call would be FaceTime Audio.

I just checked Siri in settings and it wasn't even on. Yet she spoke when it happened and said calling and said friends name. Don't know what's going on. Your idea might be the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you intend to call the number from your iPhone any time, you can put it in Notes where Siri can't get at it and all you have to do is tap the number to make the call.

Brilliant if there is a note section in contacts will that work

I meant the Notes app. If you put a phone number into a note, it becomes clickable once you leave edit mode.

I'm not sure whether the Notes field in Contacts will do the same. Worth trying, I guess, though maybe not with an international number.

EDIT: Just tried it. Phone numbers in the Note field of Contacts are not clickable.

I meant the Notes app. If you put a phone number into a note, it becomes clickable once you leave edit mode.

I'm not sure whether the Notes field in Contacts will do the same. Worth trying, I guess, though maybe not with an international number.

Yes will move Aussie numbers to a safer place [emoji1303]