What's new

VZW iphone 4 not vibrating on Sms messages

codysanborn

Reaction score
Everytime i get a text i miss it because my phone doesnt vibrate.
on phone calls it vibrates fine.
in settings i have it to vibrate on text's it was working fine now just stopped.
the phone is 5 days old.

the apple tech told me to do a backup and restore new update again could be a "glitch"

any ideas

thanks
cody

Are u using any 3rd party profile app on the phone? Do u have any 3rd party SMS app installed on the phone? If no no no, go to
setting> sound/ make sure your sound settings looks like this one on the screenshot.
48332411-f205-6b6b.jpg

Last edited:
it looks identical still nothing.. might have to backup and restore

how do you do that

Hold down both power and home buttons for about 12seconds. The screen will off and comes back on again with the apple white logo on it. Once you see the apple white logo, release both keys. Make sure that both keys are well pushed and don't let it go even a second otherwise the hard reset will fail and you will have to do it again and again.

still isnt vibrating.. im going to try what the apple guy said.. when i get home

still isnt vibrating.. im going to try what the apple guy said.. when i get home
Factory restore the iOS via iTunes. Remember to backup you files in iTunes.

okay so i backed up my phone an did a restore and still nothing... i cant believe this is happening i am missing text left and right..

how do i restore the ios

okay so i backed up my phone an did a restore and still nothing... i cant believe this is happening i am missing text left and right..

how do i restore the ios

Connect your phone to iTunes and in the summary tab of your phone click restore. iTunes will then factory restore your phone.

how do i restore the ios

Connect your phone to iTunes and in the summary tab of your phone click restore. iTunes will then factory restore your phone.

yeah i did that on the phone with apple again *banging head on table

I fixed it erased the app RMMAKER it is a custom ring tone maker. Now works perfect