What's new

Volume issues on Upload

Wolfmanjak64

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Can anyone here help, please ? I have an Iphone 6s plus, I recorded some video which plays back and looks and sounds fine on my phone, but when I upload it to my pc the volume is almost non existent, I have recorded several clips and they are all the same , I`m not very technical but everything seems to be working ok, the volume is up high on the phone, I have tried the reset etc but it makes no difference, as i say, when played back on the phone its great, but not after uploading it to my PC via Dropbox or similar, I have also tried another pc and that is just the same ?

How are you transferring from your phone to the PC? Are you - or is your computer converting the file before starting playback? The raw file should be good, might have something to do with the audio codec the application you're watching the video in is applying.

Yeah, something funny is happening. Like ^ said, raw file should be fine. I do video all the time on my iPhone and iPad. Pretty much the main thing I do with my iDevices. Most likely does have something to do with the way you are getting them from phone to computer.

If for some reason you can't resolve it, you can always run the video through iMovie, increase the volume 200%, then save, and then transfer that new file to your computer.

Good luck.