What's new

volume control problem

madams

Reaction score
I know volume control has been discussed but I am not sure if this has. I can turn my volume up using the plus button on the left but as soon as I let go and quit pushing the volume + button It goes right back down to no volume. It actually shows it on the screen when I let off on the plus volume button sliding back to no volume.

Mike Adams

Do you have some sort of case on that could be holding the - button down...?

When and how did that start happening? The device fall down? Or that behavior occure on the phone out of box?

It just started happening about 1 month ago. Called apple. I have to pay to have a phone consultation. Thought maybe someone had a free solution. Thanks for trying.

I don't understand how that could be happening. Try to rest all your settings see if it will change something. Go to settings> general> resets/ then tap on "reset all settings" after that, reboot your device to see if it helps or not. The last thing you can do before going to apple is to try to restore the iOS to factory. If that doesn't help then it could be a hardware related issue.

The same thing is happening to my phone. The volume changes on its own automatically and the volume symbol display is on my screen continuously. This is so annoying!!!!

@swarnie I think they're aware of this problem on the 4s, I took mine to an apple store and told em what was going on. They gave me a new phone, no hassle (except you have to set up a new phone).

The same thing is happening to my phone. The volume changes on its own automatically and the volume symbol display is on my screen continuously. This is so annoying!!!!

Take it to apple store.

Thanks a lot for your advice. I'll take it to apple this week :)