Voice recognition not working

Discussion in 'iPhone General Discussion' started by vonthaden, Nov 29, 2011.

1. vonthaden

vonthaden New Member

My voice recognition isn't working, hasn't for days... When I first got the phone it would occasionally work depending on where I was. I called apple and they told me it might be defective, but then it started to work for about a month. Now it is acting like its not connected to a network to analyze the speech pattern... I will talk, it will process then no text appears... This is really getting frustrating.... Any help would be appreciated.
  2. vonthaden

vonthaden New Member

Sorry, forgot... It's a stock 4s running latest OS.
  3. iCrank

iCrank Member Staff Member

You mean Siri. I've heard of the issues with it. It could possibly be the servers that it runs off of.

إيكرانك...المسطرة
  4. vonthaden

vonthaden New Member

It's not just Siri, it's any thing that translates my voice to text... Emails, texting, notes, and Siri.
  5. vonthaden

vonthaden New Member

My 4s with the latest OS has been having issues with Siri and all other forms of voice recognition. Every time I use Siri she says she can help me and every time I try to text or write a note using the voice system, it does nothing. Any thoughts or known problems... This has been going on for about four days straight now.
  6. seanritchie73

seanritchie73 New Member

Reset the phone, make sure your 3G is on or wifi ,enable Siri
  7. vonthaden

vonthaden New Member

Reset network settings. Doesn't work no matter if I'm connected to 3G or wifi.
  8. peterthomas

peterthomas New Member

Update to the iOS 5.0.1 and I hope your issue will be resolved, as it seems as a software issue to me, and I hope that it will help you solve your issue, as Apple claimed that they have fixed a lot of bugs of the iOS 5 in the new 5.0.1 update.
  9. vonthaden

vonthaden New Member

I was already at the latest OS. Turns out a full reset, via settings/general/reset was the trick... I tried just resetting the network setting without success, but the full reset did the trick... Sounds like this is a pretty common problem and this was the solution that was given to me... Glad it works but it's a pain. Hope the find and fix the bug soon! Thanks for all the help!!!
  10. vonthaden

vonthaden New Member

Turns out a full reset, via settings/general/reset was the trick... I tried just resetting the network setting without success, but the full reset did the trick... Sounds like this is a pretty common problem and this was the solution that was given to me... Glad it works but it's a pain. Hope the find and fix the bug soon! Thanks for all the help!!!
  11. SweetPoison

SweetPoison Guest

Both of your threads re this topic have been merged together. Please do not take out multiple threads on the same topic. :)
  12. Photoboy

Photoboy New Member

My Siri did not work much of yesterday even to just dial a number in the phone that I did not think it would require the server to do it. Also asking it to play songs was not working. Siri would say sorry but I can not help you right now....