What's new

virus protection

azonie

Reaction score
New to iPhone, and wondering what everyone is using for virus protection their iPhones???

No virus protection. There is no virus able to affect the iOS so don't worry at all about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No virus protection. There is no virus able to affect the iOS so don't worry at all about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on recent info on news and net, not sure this is correct statement. i think that is wishful thinking!!

Anyone else have an opinion?

You still don't need antivirus. It's true the latest update had a security flaw in safari but that has already been patched by apple with 4.3.1...

My Verizon iPhone is on version 4.2.6. How do I upgrade to the latest version you are talking about.

apple iOS is completely safe. I've had apple for a few years now. that's the one feature I love about apple products

Last edited:
apple iOS is completely safe. I've had apple for a few years now. that's the one feature I love about apple products

Are you that naive? Of course it can get viruses. The only reason apple has been "safe" for so long is because they never had any market share, no one used them so why bother wasting time on coding a virus for em? Now that they are becoming overly popular and businesses are starting to use them you can bet people will be working on this.

icstars989 said:
Are you that naive? Of course it can get viruses. The only reason apple has been "safe" for so long is because they never had any market share, no one used them so why bother wasting time on coding a virus for em? Now that they are becoming overly popular and businesses are starting to use them you can bet people will be working on this.

i guess I am. don't you think if someone could do it. it would've been done. you just stated that its been safe for so long. I have never encountered one virus issue with my iOS and at this particular moment in life viruses dont exist (it may exist but won't hurt a iOS/apple products. what do you mean no one used them?

Last edited:
icstars989 said:

i guess I am. don't you think if someone could do it. it would've been done. you just stated that its been safe for so long. I have never encountered one virus issue with my iOS and at this particular moment in life viruses dont exist (it may exist but won't hurt a iOS/apple products. what do you mean no one used them?

Macs in general have been safe because of their limited user base. They've only recently become relative. iOS has had worms and such in 09. Iphones and Safari are constantly hacked at pwn2own, even the blackberry got hacked this year by way of apples open source webkit code. So yes, it can easily be done and is naive to think you're completely safe, ever. Will the iPhone get a virus, sure, is it something you need to worry about as a pertinent threat right now? Probably not.

Trend Micro has a Smart Surfer App that'll help prevent any malware from infecting your iphone. only downside is it doesn't flip to the side like Safari,....>=oP

What does it mean "don't flip to the side".

when you turn the phone on its length-wise (I prefer to type that way), some other keyboards go with it...this one doesn't. if you type with the phone upright, then it's not a problem.

iPhone antivirus will help you to protect your system from any other infected malware, virus or to any other trojan attack. With the help of this recovery software safari browser which is hitting you system and damaging can be solved from this software only.

jhnjohn said:
iPhone antivirus will help you to protect your system from any other infected malware, virus or to any other trojan attack. With the help of this recovery software safari browser which is hitting you system and damaging can be solved from this software only.

Sorry I do not agree unless you jail break any iOS device you are safe. The above is just a money making marketing pitch. If you jail break you may have issues

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net