What's new

Verizon iphone4

djps55

Reaction score
How come u can talk and surf on a at-t iPhone,but not Verizon iPhone?
Do they use different software/hardware?

Hard to explain but i wish Verizon had this as well. This is the ONLY reason why i miss AT&T...

just one of the unfortunate limitations to CDMA. Id rather have better coverage like verizon has then be able to talk and surf at the same time. After all how good is it when you cant get a signal.

I don't know why people keep saying that you can't talk and surf the web at the same time I have a iPhone 4 and with Verizon and I surf and talk all the time
just today a guy try to tell me you can't do this and I showed him that I can

eddieg said:
Thats the only way you can talk and surf on verizon is wifi!

Tried wifi
Can not talk and surf
How is it done?

djps55 said:
Tried wifi
Can not talk and surf
How is it done?

If you are on wifi while on a call. Place the call on speakerphone and surf to your hearts content. I do it all the time. Surf FB or look something up while on a call and wifi and I also have Verizon.

How come u can talk and surf on a at-t iPhone,but not Verizon iPhone?
Do they use different software/hardware?

I researched this and found out it is the difference between GSM (AT&T) and CDMA (Verizon). Basically, it has to do with the # of channels that you have with the cellphone tower. During a call GSM only uses 1 channel while CDMA uses 2. That's why you can surf while on a GSM phone but not on a CDMA phone. Supposedly the defense for this back in the day was that CDMA had far superior voice quality. Now days, I think they're regretting that.

As I'm on WiFi 99.9% of the time whenever I make a call, I never run into this problem. But I can see how if you're on the road with a bluetooth headset, it would be handy (need to check maps AFTER pulling over or something, etc...).

tankerwife75 said:
If you are on wifi while on a call. Place the call on speakerphone and surf to your hearts content. I do it all the time. Surf FB or look something up while on a call and wifi and I also have Verizon.

Thank you
It worked doing wifi