What's new

Verizon iPhone Insurance

tlbaker said:
What's different about the best buy insurance?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

Bestbuy Blacktie insurance covers everything. If you drop your phone in water you are covered. With Verizon you are on your own in that situation. The customer service to is awesome.

firemanprice said:
Bestbuy Blacktie insurance covers everything. If you drop your phone in water you are covered. With Verizon you are on your own in that situation. The customer service to is awesome.

Cool!!! Are you able to go to Apple for questions / service on your phone or do you ha e to go to best buy?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

Verizon iPhone insurance doesnt cover water damage.

verizon Insurance with Asurion does cover water damage. This is taken directly from Verizon web site stating this.
If your device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged (including liquid and physical damage), and you are enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Asurion Wireless Phone Protection, file your insurance claim directly with Asurion.

I do have this coverage for my phone cause having this is better then having nothing just incase, Peace of mind if you call it. I originally wanted apple care + but the closest apple store is over 300 miles away and i do not have time to send my phone to apple and wait for them to fix, or replace it and send it back. The Verizon store here in town can and will handle most claims for Asurion and take care of your needs with one stop at the store. Just convinent for me.

Glad you got your answers. Not to beat a dead horse, but how do you not know if you dropped your phone in water or not? Lol.

Best buys black tie is for sure the way to go. If you smash your phone you get a new one. If you jumped in the pool and forgot... Well you get a new one. He's right when he says nothing beats it. Deductible... Psh.

KevLove said:
Best buys black tie is for sure the way to go. If you smash your phone you get a new one. If you jumped in the pool and forgot... Well you get a new one. He's right when he says nothing beats it. Deductible... Psh.

Nice!! Only other reason for not shopping Apple for Apple products. What is the deductible like?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

also depends on which phone and the coverage you have.

with the total equipment coverage which costs $10.99 per month per device, you pay $169 to replace the 16g and $199 to replace the 32g

both are much cheaper than the full retail replacement value of $650 for the 16g or $750 for the 32g.

that's what I got. i thought I was just going to be able to get my phone replaced for free for paying this, but I called to get my iPhone replaced and they told me I need to pay $200!

So I told them to cancel my plan, and i bought the extended warranty from Apple. Much much better. At least when the warranty runs out I only have to pay $200, instead of paying Verizon monthly to pay $200 when I need my phone replaced.lol

Yeah I cancelled my insurance and saved 15 bucks a month. I think it was 15. Not sure. Deductible is 169.00? Just take it to Apple for a replacement. They are good with fixing or replacing things even out of warranty.