What's new

Verizon iPhone Insurance

BillbowBag

Reaction score
Hello, so i recently broke my iphone, i think by dropping it in water but i'm not sure. I was wondering what the policies on iphones breaking for verizon was? Does insurance cover a new phone or will i have to pay for it completely?

InsurancePanda.com

Last edited:
There is a deductible on the phone. I believe it is like $170 dollars. That is if you have the insurance.

Say what? $170? That a lump sum payment when you get the phone or over the course of having it for two years?

EDIT:
So I did some research online.

Verizon
Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices $10.99/month
Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (WPP), Advanced Devices $9.18/month
Extended Warranty $1.99/month

http://www.ifixyouri.com/34-iphone-4-repair
Dont know if these guys are any good but figured Id list them anyway. This doesnt sound so bad. Think my regular insurance on my phone was $8/month so whats $3 extra? But that deductible, that means you have to pay that much out first right, and they take it from there? So if your phone gets messed up and costs $200 to fix you have to foot $170 and the insurance would pay the other $30?

Last edited:
I've read that the apple store will give you a referbished one for 200 is that true?

I was informed the deductible on my new iPhone 4 is $50; same pricing that Sprint had on my prior phone through them. I hope not to need to find out, however!

also depends on which phone and the coverage you have.

with the total equipment coverage which costs $10.99 per month per device, you pay $169 to replace the 16g and $199 to replace the 32g

both are much cheaper than the full retail replacemnet value of $650 for the 16g or $750 for the 32g.

The Lady who sold me my iphone quoted 170 if I break it.
10.99 X 24 months = 236.76$ + 170 = 433.76 + 205 (cost of original phone)= 638$

So its basically like getting two phones (the one you broke + the new one) for the price of one non contract phone.

Buy a very good case the day you get your iphone.

If we're talking about Asurion TEC insurance:

$10.99/month
$169 deductable for 16GB iPhone 4
$199 deductable for 32GB iPhone 4
No deductable for extended warranty service

BillbowBag said:
Hello, so i recently broke my iphone, i think by dropping it in water but i'm not sure. I was wondering what the policies on iphones breaking for verizon was? Does insurance cover a new phone or will i have to pay for it completely?

Verizon iPhone insurance doesnt cover water damage.

Usually Apple is very lenient on first time blunders. I shattered my screen and they wanted 160 to fix it but when I was just going to leave my phone there and go with Metro or something instead they talked with a supervisor and said they would exchange it this time fir no charge. Always go to Apple first. They are really good to their customers.

dyrelogan said:
Usually Apple is very lenient on first time blunders. I shattered my screen and they wanted 160 to fix it but when I was just going to leave my phone there and go with Metro or something instead they talked with a supervisor and said they would exchange it this time fir no charge. Always go to Apple first. They are really good to their customers.

This is very true. They replaced a friends phone that had accidental water damage which they normally don't do.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1Upgade using iPF.net

Dave12308 said:
If we're talking about Asurion TEC insurance:

$10.99/month
$169 deductable for 16GB iPhone 4
$199 deductable for 32GB iPhone 4
No deductable for extended warranty service

They suck!!! Rip off!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1Upgade using iPF.net

I brought my 4s from BestBuy and I have the Blacktie insurance for my phone. Their insurance cost more but nothing beats it. I've used it before and I will never never never ever buy my phone from Verizon again.

firemanprice said:
I brought my 4s from BestBuy and I have the Blacktie insurance for my phone. Their insurance cost more but nothing beats it. I've used it before and I will never never never ever buy my phone from Verizon again.

What's different about the best buy insurance?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

ATT uses same as Verizon wow they are used for both!
I personally HAVE to have it!! granted I care for my phone w cases and screen covers and change my cases often lol BUT IPhones are stolen like nothing today because everyone wants them and I was rudely told not everyone has 200$ n up for iPhone because I mentioned how affordable they are @@... In my opinion they ARE! if you want one you CAN get one why steal one that's just awful of ppl to do!
Theft, or water damage , cracked screen I'd go to apple and fix it. I just got a TINT scratch from my KEY in my purse treasure that phone I'm serious because I take such Great care and have a pocket IN my bag and I put it facing soft part if my bag.
I realize the whole phone is glass. Not plastic which is cheaper but durable.

My husbands captivate I gave him over a year ago(which is upgradable lol but he's not bothering unless I trade him phones and go grab iPhone 4s)....but that phone was tossed in my purse and never got a single scratch to this day!!!

What is it w iPhones and such delicate but beautiful screens!