Verizon iPhone Insurance

Discussion in 'Verizon iPhone Help' started by BillbowBag, May 1, 2011.

1. BillbowBag

BillbowBag New Member

Hello, so i recently broke my iphone, i think by dropping it in water but i'm not sure. I was wondering what the policies on iphones breaking for verizon was? Does insurance cover a new phone or will i have to pay for it completely?
  2. kc7vlu

kc7vlu New Member

There is a deductible on the phone. I believe it is like $170 dollars. That is if you have the insurance.
  3. NVash

NVash New Member

Say what? $170? That a lump sum payment when you get the phone or over the course of having it for two years?

EDIT:
    So I did some research online.

Verizon
    Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices $10.99/month
    Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (WPP), Advanced Devices $9.18/month
    Extended Warranty $1.99/month

http://www.ifixyouri.com/34-iphone-4-repair
    Dont know if these guys are any good but figured Id list them anyway. This doesnt sound so bad. Think my regular insurance on my phone was $8/month so whats $3 extra? But that deductible, that means you have to pay that much out first right, and they take it from there? So if your phone gets messed up and costs $200 to fix you have to foot $170 and the insurance would pay the other $30?
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  4. BillbowBag

BillbowBag New Member

I've read that the apple store will give you a referbished one for 200 is that true?
  5. Rivergoat

Rivergoat New Member

I was informed the deductible on my new iPhone 4 is $50; same pricing that Sprint had on my prior phone through them. I hope not to need to find out, however!
  6. scrogg

scrogg New Member

also depends on which phone and the coverage you have.

with the total equipment coverage which costs $10.99 per month per device, you pay $169 to replace the 16g and $199 to replace the 32g

both are much cheaper than the full retail replacemnet value of $650 for the 16g or $750 for the 32g.
  7. thayer

thayer New Member

The Lady who sold me my iphone quoted 170 if I break it.
    10.99 X 24 months = 236.76$ + 170 = 433.76 + 205 (cost of original phone)= 638$

So its basically like getting two phones (the one you broke + the new one) for the price of one non contract phone.

Buy a very good case the day you get your iphone.
  8. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

If we're talking about Asurion TEC insurance:

$10.99/month
    $169 deductable for 16GB iPhone 4
    $199 deductable for 32GB iPhone 4
    No deductable for extended warranty service
  9. iCrank

iCrank Member Staff Member

Verizon iPhone insurance doesnt cover water damage.
  10. dyrelogan

dyrelogan New Member

Usually Apple is very lenient on first time blunders. I shattered my screen and they wanted 160 to fix it but when I was just going to leave my phone there and go with Metro or something instead they talked with a supervisor and said they would exchange it this time fir no charge. Always go to Apple first. They are really good to their customers.
  11. tlbaker

tlbaker New Member

This is very true. They replaced a friends phone that had accidental water damage which they normally don't do.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1Upgade using iPF.net
  12. tlbaker

tlbaker New Member

They suck!!! Rip off!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1Upgade using iPF.net
  13. firemanprice

firemanprice New Member

I brought my 4s from BestBuy and I have the Blacktie insurance for my phone. Their insurance cost more but nothing beats it. I've used it before and I will never never never ever buy my phone from Verizon again.
  14. tlbaker

tlbaker New Member

What's different about the best buy insurance?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net
  15. njshoremom4gurlz

njshoremom4gurlz New Member

ATT uses same as Verizon wow they are used for both!
    I personally HAVE to have it!! granted I care for my phone w cases and screen covers and change my cases often lol BUT IPhones are stolen like nothing today because everyone wants them and I was rudely told not everyone has 200$ n up for iPhone because I mentioned how affordable they are @@... In my opinion they ARE! if you want one you CAN get one why steal one that's just awful of ppl to do!
    Theft, or water damage , cracked screen I'd go to apple and fix it. I just got a TINT scratch from my KEY in my purse treasure that phone I'm serious because I take such Great care and have a pocket IN my bag and I put it facing soft part if my bag.
    I realize the whole phone is glass. Not plastic which is cheaper but durable.

My husbands captivate I gave him over a year ago(which is upgradable lol but he's not bothering unless I trade him phones and go grab iPhone 4s)....but that phone was tossed in my purse and never got a single scratch to this day!!!

What is it w iPhones and such delicate but beautiful screens!
  16. firemanprice

firemanprice New Member

Bestbuy Blacktie insurance covers everything. If you drop your phone in water you are covered. With Verizon you are on your own in that situation. The customer service to is awesome.
  17. tlbaker

tlbaker New Member

Cool!!! Are you able to go to Apple for questions / service on your phone or do you ha e to go to best buy?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net
  18. scotiez

scotiez New Member

verizon Insurance with Asurion does cover water damage. This is taken directly from Verizon web site stating this.
    If your device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged (including liquid and physical damage), and you are enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Asurion Wireless Phone Protection, file your insurance claim directly with Asurion.

I do have this coverage for my phone cause having this is better then having nothing just incase, Peace of mind if you call it. I originally wanted apple care + but the closest apple store is over 300 miles away and i do not have time to send my phone to apple and wait for them to fix, or replace it and send it back. The Verizon store here in town can and will handle most claims for Asurion and take care of your needs with one stop at the store. Just convinent for me.
  19. DjaS

DjaS New Member

Glad you got your answers. Not to beat a dead horse, but how do you not know if you dropped your phone in water or not? Lol.
  20. KevLove

KevLove New Member

Best buys black tie is for sure the way to go. If you smash your phone you get a new one. If you jumped in the pool and forgot... Well you get a new one. He's right when he says nothing beats it. Deductible... Psh.