What's new

Verizon iPhone and iPad about to hit field testing

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-iphone-ipad.jpg

Boy Genius Report has broken some very interesting news today. The Verizon iPhone / Verizon iPad rumor train has picked up alot of steam lately. The most recent development comes from a block of source code in iOS 4 which queries the device to see if it's a CDMA iPhone or iPad 2. If it is either, it will auto-activate which allows it to bypass the need for iTunes. Code very similar to this has appeared in the past just before a major iPhone / iDevice release and then is removed right before launch. It simplifies the field testing since you can use the device without activating it.

BGR also reported that the platform code for the CDMA iPhone is N92AP and the CDMA iPad is N81AP.

This is some pretty solid information that we will see a Verizon iPhone and Verizon iPad in the future.

Don't forget, we have a sister site dedicated to the iPad at the following URL: iPad Forum

More info can be found courtesy of BGR at the following link: Both Verizon Wireless iPhone and next generation iPad about to hit field testing?

I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.

I'm looking forward to the iPhone coming to Verizon, its time it finally happens. The iPhone is the easiest smartphone to use and so far my favorite. Ill be in line to get one...

so why did i decide to cancel my verizon contract 1 1/2 years early for the iphone? fml ;[