What's new

Verizon iphone 4s on pre-paid ?

ms.jess

Reaction score
I so I did a search but only AT&T iPhone flashing results appeared.
I have an iPhone 4s with Verizon also jailbroken.
I love Verizon and their service, buttt they are very pricey and I'd like to know if maybe I can flash it to metro or a different service.
I love my iPhone 4s and can't imagine getting rid of it.
ugh so if anyone can offer any help or a guide that would be great.
Thanks ! in advance ;)

I'm not sure about metro pcs but I know cricket just started offering the 4 and 4s along with Virgin Mobile and T Mobile. All Pre Paid. And of course with Cricket you can just flash the iPhone you have now. Idk were ur from but here in San Diego Cricket Service is "ok". I've always had Verizon also until this yr. just got to pricy so I went Pre Paid too.

Last edited:
Cricket said they can't flash the iPhone. I asked the guy in the store. Maybe you can though. Virgin hasn't released their iPhones yet but you have to buy it from them.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

I'd like to keep the iPhone4s I have now
anyway to do that and be on prepaid ?

Like I said, you can try to see if cricket will do it. I know for a fact they can't do it until their iPhones come out. But I'm not sure if their out yet. Go to a cricket store and ask. You won't be able to use Virgin with your phone. They are strict about only using their phones. Virgin's iPhone comes out on the 29th of this month. But I'm sure they will be VERY expensive, as will Cricket's iPhone. Prepaid companies always have very expensive phones to compensate for cheap service. You could also check out t-mobile. They're offering iPhones I guess now too. And all you'd have to do is unlock your current iPhone and pop in a t-mobile sim card and you're good to go. They most likely will have better service than the other prepaid companies. Virgin has good service and runs on the sprint network but Virgin doesn't have roaming and doesn't use "borrowed" towers like Sprint so technically Virgin doesn't have as good coverage. But it would be fine in a big city. Same goes for cricket. My friend used to have cricket.. It was decent. I had t-mobile at the time which was about 3 years ago and I got better coverage then his cricket phone. So, I would recommend t-mobile honestly. And if you dont care for their service you can just not pay the next month and switch to cricket and try them out if they'll flash ur phone.

Chris951 said:
Like I said, you can try to see if cricket will do it. I know for a fact they can't do it until their iPhones come out. But I'm not sure if their out yet. Go to a cricket store and ask. You won't be able to use Virgin with your phone. They are strict about only using their phones. Virgin's iPhone comes out on the 29th of this month. But I'm sure they will be VERY expensive, as will Cricket's iPhone. Prepaid companies always have very expensive phones to compensate for cheap service. You could also check out t-mobile. They're offering iPhones I guess now too. And all you'd have to do is unlock your current iPhone and pop in a t-mobile sim card and you're good to go. They most likely will have better service than the other prepaid companies. Virgin has good service and runs on the sprint network but Virgin doesn't have roaming and doesn't use "borrowed" towers like Sprint so technically Virgin doesn't have as good coverage. But it would be fine in a big city. Same goes for cricket. My friend used to have cricket.. It was decent. I had t-mobile at the time which was about 3 years ago and I got better coverage then his cricket phone. So, I would recommend t-mobile honestly. And if you dont care for their service you can just not pay the next month and switch to cricket and try them out if they'll flash ur phone.

I would definitely switch to tmobile np.
I know AT&T phones can be unlocked and put under tmobile but can the Verizon iPhone 4s also be used for tmobile ?
I thought because gsm and CDMA there would be certain restrictions

ms.jess said:
I would definitely switch to tmobile np.
I know AT&T phones can be unlocked and put under tmobile but can the Verizon iPhone 4s also be used for tmobile ?
I thought because gsm and CDMA there would be certain restrictions

But the GSM radio on a CDMA Verizon 4s is not unlocked

Chris951 said:
Iphone4s can be used for CDMA and gsm

That is true....but you cannot activate the GSM radio on a CDMA 4S and you cannot activate the CDMA radio on a GSM 4S.

oo :(
hmm well I saw some posts on Craigslist about a garvey sim unlocking your iPhone
anyone have any details on that

ms.jess said:
oo :(
hmm well I saw some posts on Craigslist about a garvey sim unlocking your iPhone
anyone have any details on that

Gevey* lol. And those wont work because the GSM radio isnt activated on a verizon 4s