What's new

Verizon iPhone 4 Won't activate? Please help.

tortelliniguy

Reaction score
So basically I bought this Verizon iPhone 4 and once I finally got it to restore, I couldn't activate the iPhone. Every time in iTunes it says this iPhone could not be activated, please try again later or contact customer care.I have tried custom restore, regular restore, and the stitched shsh ipsw. All restore ended with error 1 then I used fix recovery in Redsn0w to boot it back to iOS 5.1.1 activation screen where it doesn't activate. Also it only shows searching in the top left corner. Never goes to no service or changes. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do? I do not have a Verizon account either. I use straight talk on an at&t iPhone 4. So I'm sure verizon would not be very happy to see me walk in and try to activate a verizon iPhone 4.

Attachments

• $Photo 1.jpg
    $Photo 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,131
  • $Photo 2.jpg
    $Photo 2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,241
  • $Photo 3.jpg
    $Photo 3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:
Verizon is a CDMA network whereas ATT is GSM, basically you can't use a Verizon phone on a GSM network. I could be mistaken though.

No I mean I bought this phone from someone because I was trying to fix it. The person couldn't get the iPhone to restore so I wanted to try to take a chance. I already have my iPhone 4 on straight talk working and everything is fine with it. The problem is this Verizon iPhone.

sounds like a bad esn and i never new u could use Verizon iPhones with straight talk?? i don't think so ?

I have a white iPhone 4 16gb Verizon and a 32gb iPhone 4 for at&t. Can you guys get that straight? I have two iPhone 4's. Not one. my at&t iPhone is irrelevant to this post. I need help with my verizon iPhone 4

When I bought my 4s it would not activate - Verizon tried messing with it for a couple hours and the Apple store smart guys couldn't figure out how to get it to activate. turns out it was just a bad copy - I got a new one and it activated immediately. Sounds like you have a bad phone.

When I bought my 4s it would not activate - Verizon tried messing with it for a couple hours and the Apple store smart guys couldn't figure out how to get it to activate. turns out it was just a bad copy - I got a new one and it activated immediately. Sounds like you have a bad phone.

Will they still replace if the phone is not under warranty? I'm not sure whether or not it is. I'll stop by the Apple store today and see what they say about it.

The only other thing I can think of is it is a "lost/stolen" phone that was found but is in the system still as lost/stolen. In that case the phone will never work until it is returned to Apple to be resourced as a replacement phone. I'm not sure if it will be replaced under warranty as you are not the original owner. Good luck.

I took it to apple today and they tried to activate it with no luck so they told me to go to a verizon store and I went with no luck. So I returned to apple and they just gave me a refurb verizon iPhone and activated it for me. A little weird if you ask me. Never heard of apple doing this, but I kept my mouth shut and smiled and thanked them.

CrAck_KiLLzZz said:
sounds like a bad esn and i never new u could use Verizon iPhones with straight talk?? i don't think so ?

You can't. Only. GSM iPhone can work on Straight Talk.

I think it's funny how people keep saying the Verizon IPhone 4s is CDMA ONLY!
Read the box or specs.....it has both for use over seas and can be unlocked to work with ST GSM.
Don't mean to hijack, and I know this isn't even what OP was talking about. Just irritating
When people speak as if they know when they don't even check their facts.

Read the box or specs.....it has both for use over seas and can be unlocked to work with ST GSM.
Don't mean to hijack, and I know this isn't even what OP was talking about. Just irritating

Well uhh.. Nobody said the Verizon 4s is CDMA only. They said the Verizon 4 is CDMA only so they aren't wrong.

Nickelplated said:

I am totally aware the 4S has both CDMA and GSM radios.

I have never heard of anyone activating the GSM radio and deactivating the CDMA radio in an iPhone 4S....I think this requires advanced knowledge...and physical tinkering.

But we were talking about the iPhone 4...not everyone has the latest iPhone ya know.