What's new

Verizon and 6+

N1XIO

Reaction score
I have a Verizon iPhone 5s and I want to upgrade to the 6+. having been with AT&T, I could make phone calls and surf the Internet at the same time. can't do that with Verizon now. has this problem been resolved with the 6+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don't think that's a big enough reason for me to switch I know what your talking about but I have Att and the other person has to have the same thing on their line (phone) for it to work.
I'm surprised Verizon doesn't have it?
I have an Att six plus

She means the ability to talk on the cell phone and access the Internet simultaneously. Which Verizon could not do but AT & T always could. I thought Verizon was indicating that some version of LTE would make this possible for their network but I can not tell the OP if that works yet.

VoLTE right? I couldn't remember it's voice w LTE

I can't imagine talking to someone and surfing the internet on the same device. Why?

I can't imagine talking to someone and surfing the internet on the same device. Why?
I do this when giving directions to somebody. Another words talking to them and then surfing on the Internet looking for the information they need.

I use this far more than I have ever thought I would. Directions and any number of things you need to consult on a "computer" while speaking on the phone.

All of this I used to do while I was on AT&T. Now that I am on Verizon the iPhone 5s will not do this. However I have friends that have android phones and are able to do this with the Verizon network. I was told the iPhone 6 Plus corrected this problem. I'm trying to find out if this has been confirmed.

It has in areas that have Verizon VOLTE. I also read somewhere that Verizon and AT&T were working so that calls between customers of the two services would not drop this but not sure about that. So basically you have to check with Verizon has enabled this in your geographic area, then you click Voice and Data in Settings and it should work unless you leave that area.

According to Verizon tech support this does not work with any iPhone that's a 5S or older due to a hardware restriction. I can't get them to confirm whether it works on the six or 6+.

I guess the question is, does anybody out there have a six or 6+ on the Verizon network that are able to take and make phone calls and surf the Internet at the same time?

The question you need to ask Verizon is has VOLTE service started in your area yet. Someone living in a area with that service could tell you it works but if you don't have VOLTE in your area it won't work for you. It doesn't work on the IP 5 because that is Verizon CDMA. Eventually Verizon won't have CDMA.

I have a Verizon iPhone 5s and I want to upgrade to the 6+. having been with AT&T, I could make phone calls and surf the Internet at the same time. can't do that with Verizon now. has this problem been resolved with the 6+?

Yes. You can talk and surf at the same time with LTE speeds on VZW's network, if you live in a VoLTE area. I'm in one and it works fine for me.