What's new

Using iTunes to transfer CDs

azonie

Reaction score
I understand there is a way to use iTunes to put music I have CDs for on my iPhone.

The following instructions can be found in iTunes Help. Go to "Import musc, video and more" in the left column of the help window:

Import songs from CDs
You can import songs from your CDs into your iTunes library. Imported songs are stored on your hard disk so that you can listen to them without having the original CD in the disc drive.
iTunes imports most songs within a few minutes, and an entire CD within about 10 minutes.

To import songs from CDs into your iTunes library:

• Insert an audio CD into your computer’s internal CD or DVD drive.
  • When the list of songs appears in the iTunes window, deselect (remove the checkmark from) any songs you don’t want to import.
    Note: If you’re not connected to the Internet or iTunes can’t find the CD’s information, songs appear as “Track 01,” “Track 02,” and so on. For more information, see If you don't see song information.
  • To add the selected songs to your library, click the Import CD button (at the bottom of the iTunes window):
    To cancel importing, click the Cancel button next to the progress bar at the top of the iTunes window.
    Any songs that iTunes imports before you cancel importing are added to your iTunes library.
  • When the songs are finished importing, click the Eject symbol to the right of the CD.
The default encoding format is AAC. To change formats, see Choose import settings.
You can continue to use iTunes while songs are importing.
Tip: You can also import a song by dragging it to the Music playlist (below Library). You’ll see a green plus sign when it’s OK to stop dragging.

Last edited:
Great thanks.
Will I also be able to put on iPhone from iTunes.