What's new

Using CDMA/VZW iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless Prepaid

tucstwo

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way that an iPhone 4 can use changed to work on VZW's pre-paid network? I'm sure there must be SOME way to do it.

If it's already a Verizon locked iPhone 4, then yes it'll work on VZW's prepaid plans. However, if it's locked to any other carrier... it's just not possible.

Ok yeah, it's a Verizon CDMA iPhone 4. I've searched all over the place for a process to load it up on a VZW prepaid plan but can't figure out how to do it.

The only hitch would be if the iPhone 4 has been "Blacklisted" by VZW, for whatever reason. Otherwise, get in touch w/ VZW customer service and they'll get you setup w/ the prepaid plans.

What Thomas said. If your iPhone is clean, then you shouldn't have a problem. But in terms of getting a prepaid between a basic and a smartphone, there MIGHT be a way to loop around the "You need a smartphone prepaid plan" for your iPhone. I know for a fact that it's harder for Blackberry devices.

it is possible i did it i running att go phone on verizon i phone 4s i used super gevey sim it works great i could unlock to any carrier

yeah, I tried to do it on the VZW website but got cockblocked. They don't really want you to use iphone as prepaid because..well because they suck and that would be too awesome.

Why pay 70 a month and you can pay 50? Ask VZW...they'll tell you to pound sand. It's gonna take a hack or a move with CDMA workshop to make work, it seems.

Or do what I do with my own iPhone and not my work iPhone. Go buy a $40/month unlimited data plan with Clear, and they'll give you this little portable router that has a f***ing sick battery life, and just use WhatsAPP and iCall. You'll get 4G LTE coverage almost anywhere, or just standard 4G if LTE isn't available. Not sure about where you're from but it's a sweet deal where I am.

Hey, $40 a month for unlimited talk, text and web on your iPhone is a sweeter deal than going for unlimited plans on other carriers. I mean don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I can make calls whenever I'm on the train underground at certain parts while others can't thanks to Verizon's services, but the charge for it is way too high. I don't call often anyways, I just text, email, facetime, so why would I need to pay the obligatory 50$ for a calling plan that I barely use with 99% of the minutes I paid for left unused every month? I pay 5 bucks less, for more than what I get standard with Verizon, AND I'm not obligated to buy any other services with Clear

Last edited: