What's new

Using an unlocked Iphone with Tmobile

annakb24

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the Internet working an an unlocked iPhone 4?

I tried below didn't work googled and a lot of setting pulled tried them all. Also tried tmobile customer service with no good progress. I was told to jb and install a tmobile mms fix. When I jb n try I'll post on here if it works.

Attachments

• $image-2684548706.jpg
    $image-2684548706.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
well if you have a router/hub you can go into the settings and use the wifi by going into the settings and right there is wifi and you load up the networks or if you meant 3G then you have to get a 3G data plan from your carrier and the 3G icon will appear after the settings are either automatically updated or by manually typing them in from the carrier

Is this what you are looking for?
T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging settings for Apple® iPhone®
VERSION 14
Created on: Aug 17, 2011 10:32 AM by randy - Last Modified: Jan 6, 2012 8:23 AM by randy
The T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging (MMS) settings for the Apple® iPhone® are being provided here as a courtesy. There is no guarantee these settings will make an iPhone fully functional on the T-Mobile network. These instructions are for iOS 4.2.1. Although these settings may work for other versions of iOS, their placement may differ. Customer Care cannot assist further with this configuration. Further information might be found on the Internet.

Note: Read the disclaimer and notes on unsupported handsets, devices, and software for additional information.

Important: The Apple® iPhone® is missing the WCDMA 1700/2100 band, and cannot function on the T-Mobile 3G or 4G network. T-Mobile recommends upgrading to a 4G capable phone to enjoy America's Largest 4G Network which is now even faster.

Settings for T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging:

1. From the main menu, tap Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Tap Network.
4. Verify the following settings:
· Data Roaming: On
· Wi-Fi: Off
· 3G Enable: Off
o Note: The Apple® iPhone® is missing the WCDMA 1700/2100 band, and cannot function on the T-Mobile 3G network.
o Note: Changing the 3G Enable function while the device is on an active call may cause the call to disconnect.
5. Tap Cellular Data Network.
6. Configure as follows:
· APN: epc.tmobile.com
o Note: For some iPhone unlocks you may need to use wap.voicestream.com.
· Username: <Leave Blank>
· Password: <Leave Blank>
7. Enter the following information under the MMS section:
· APN: epc.tmobile.com
· Username: <Leave Blank>
· Password: <Leave Blank>
· MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
· MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
· MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
· MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
8. Press the Home button to return to the Main Menu.
9. Press the Homebutton to save the APN and exit to the main screen.
10. Turn the device off and back on.
11. Test the connection by opening the Safari web browser.

Verify MMS is enabled:

1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap Messages.
3. Tap MMS.
4. Set MMS Messaging to On.

^^^ That's what I used. Also, don't forget to install this fix:

Relate Error: 'The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction'

• To resolve this error, perform a Google™ search with this phrase "MMS fix for iPhone 4".
    Note: The fix for iOS 4 will be the same for iOS 5.