What's new

Urgent, help me please, Jailbroken IPhone stealing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehlev

Reaction score
Hi, please help, this is very urgent. I jailbroke my IPhone 5.1.1 two days ago and have received notifications from Verizon saying my data plan has used up 75% of my total data allowance in 1 day!!

I have been off from work and on Wifi (my home) all day long. If it continues I'll be paying fees through the roof. I've turned my phone completely off for now, can anyone help me please? Right now I'm so upset that I jailbroke my phone at all. Thanks for your help!!

The actual Jailbreak itself isn't what's causing the data consumption. Something that you've downloaded/installed via Cydia is what's causing it. Let's have a list of the things you've installed and from what Repo's over the past couple days... then we'll get down to what's causing the data drain.

Thanks for the help. I got a little panicky because of the massive data use and wasn't aware of the disable Network feature, I've been using that, today I'm leaving it on to see what happens.

I also had *** running at the time, downloading games I wanted to try before I buy, could that do it? Why would that use my 3G rather than my Wifi? This is the only thing I can really think that would've done it.

I'm not super attached to anything yet, so maybe I should just restore and start over trying to be a bit smarter. Do you think that's the best option?

Here are the tweaks I've added through Cydia shown in simple view:
APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
Barrel
BigBoss Icon Set
Booksstand
Bug Fix Duplicate Icons
Bug Fix Stuck Pages
Bulletin
Color Keyboard
CyDelete
Cydia Installer
Cydia Translations
Cyntact
Fabius Utilities
Five Icon Dock
Folder Enhancer
Grooveshark
GUI-GPG-SEC
iFile
IntelliShared
IntelliStatusBarIcons
iSwype
Mobile Substrate
MxTube
Rocky Racoon 5.1.1
Sinful IPhone Repo Prep
Source GUI
SpringBoardAccess
Supstrate Safe Mode
WeeFlashlight
WeeTrackData
Widget Task

Discussions about Installous is not allowed in this forum,closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.