What's new

Upgrading JB to 5.1.1 on a 3GS OB BB 6.15 on a new computer (2 parts)

ncaa76

Reaction score
I want make sure I have everything covered
1.) I got a new Macbook Pro, was on a PC laptop before but it died recently. I do not have access to my old backups for my iPhone. I was able to Backup everything to iCloud except all my non-purchased Apps. Is there a way to transfer my non-purchased apps to my MAC?

2.) Since I have my 3GS Old boottrom unlocked with Baseband ipad 06.15, can I use redsn0w 0.9.12b2 to fix the GPS not working issue that sn0wbrezze fixes with there latest JB on PC?

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out I really appreciate it.

I'm running JB 5.0.1 right now, by the way.

Welcome to the forums, I would suggest changing your font color tho, it's a real eye sore! :p

1) I'm not sure what you mean by "non-purchased apps," if you mean pirated applications we do not support that here. If you mean apps that are free, when you download them you still technically "purchase" them so they will still be linked to your iTunes account. If you have the apps on your device, you can connect your device and in iTunes select "Transfer Purchases" from the file menu to transfer the apps from your device to your iTunes library.

2) Unfortunately there is still no fix for the GPS issue, the fix for location services will allow you to use your compass and do check-ins, but it will not work as a real-time GPS device still. And no, you will need to use Sn0wbreeze if you want that fix, as far as I know Redsn0w does not include the location services fix. If you need to use sn0wbreeze on your mac you can either install Windows with Bootcamp or you can install it as a virtual machine(I would suggest the latter).