What's new

Upgrade Problems

kayakpeak

Reaction score
Only way to be notified of emails is to open mailbox, click inbox and only then will the alert sound and show the email. In addition the instant messenger will not function at all. I've tried to delete mailboxes, restart, re-load mail boxes. Nothing works so far. All notification functions set correctly. Any way to go back to 8.1 which worked flawlessly? BTW, I can send emails just fine.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, kayakpeak!

The only software versions available at the moment are 8.1.3 and 8.2. It's not possible to revert to 8.1. Sorry!

In case your device is not up to date, install the latest software, maybe this will solve your problem.

I don't know what exactly you tried, so here's a suggestion:
In Settings - Notifications - Mail, you have to set notification alerts for every account you use on your iPhone separately. You tap the account,mand there you find the alert settings for the account individually. If you didn't do this, it might be the culprit, preventing your device from telling you when an email arrives.

Check also under Settings>Mail>Fetch new data. It may be that your iphone is not "fetching" the new emails until you go into it. that's how I have my spam folder set up.

I have multiple mail accounts on my phone. I have all but one set up so that I must go refresh the mail. This way I get the mail that auto refreshes when it comes to me and the rest of the mail when I am ready to take the time to go through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue with emails. Sometimes I get notification and sometimes I don't until I look at them in mailbox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is always the same account behaving that way, or do you have more than on account set up, and they behave different?

Did you try the suggestions listed in the posts above?