What's new

upgrade jailbroken 6.0.2 to ios7 how to????

carbrad

Reaction score
I have a iphone 5 ios 6.0.2 jailbroken and am thinking of upgrading to the new ios 7. What is the best way to do it with out any leftover. Dont want to end up w a corrupt version but want to have all my settings and apps restored as easily as possible. Have searched and found no real info on how to correctly back up and restore my device from a jailbroken status to the new ios 7

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any jailbreak available for iOS 7

Without any remnants, it's a fairly lengthy process because you have to manually backup all your data in most cases. A backup to iTunes will carry over some loose ends from the jailbreak. The way around it is to isolate all the user-end data on your stock and AppStore apps, restore, then manually restore them individually. Or, depending on the level of tweaking that you've done, you can use ILEX RAT to remove your Cydia tweaks and settings to minimize remnant data down to the nub, then backup and restore.

Restoring a jailbroken device to stock requires that you place the device into DFU mode and nothing else.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

Just do a DFU restore and setup as new device. It's your only option unless you want a buggy phone.

There are not that many settings to configure within the Settings.app.

If you restore to iOS 7 from a jailbroken iOS 6 backup you are almost guaranteed some type of issues.

I never restore from back up (and never will) adjusting the settings in the Settings.app takes very very little time.

Thanks for the info. Looks like a wipe then clean install is the best way to go. Just don't restore from my iCloud or iTunes back up. Just so I understand it would be ok to then manually add back my purchased apps. How do I get my messages back or would they be lost? Contacts and calendar are set up w gmail exchange so that is no problem. Just want to get a version of 7.0 that will be jailbreakable

For the smaller sized content like messages, you can use iCloud to back them up. I'd recommend not backing up your photos to iCloud as it can be an extremely lengthy process and you may not have the space to do so, so it's best to transfer them to a computer, then delete them from the device, then backup to iCloud.

I just resolved a similar situation with another fellow on Reddit. Below is the flow of discussion if you want to read a bit more in-depth into.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...ding_from_my_4_to_a_4s_will_restoring/cd1bofs

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

Jus backup and upgrade through itunes n all will be fine

After u upgrade jus restore backup n nothing willbe missing except for the jailbreak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk